PROBLEM: What is up with the Home Page?

Page 1 of 1 (7 items)
This post has 6 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 3163
Dominick Sela | Forum Activity | Posted: Sun, Feb 26 2012 3:41 AM

The Home Page is really acting strangely lately; I have tried Ctrl-F5 to reset it, and the behavior is still the same:

1. It seems to cycle over the same 4 or so layouts of articles, no matter how many times F5 or Ctrl-F5 is used to refresh

2. Absolutely no pictures/infographics show up now, only articles

3. If you reduce the number of choices in the Customize menu, just less stuff will appear. As an extreme, you can go select  "I just want excerpts", only clicking that one choice in the Customize box, and you will get ONE article on the Home Page instead of filling out a Home Page with Excerpts:

Isn't the Home Page supposed to be filled based on user choice? Is there some way to reset this that I am missing? Where are the pictures/infographics???

Posts 3163
Dominick Sela | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Feb 26 2012 3:43 AM

Here is a picture of the Home Page with just Excerpts and Devotionals selected for Content. Notice there really are NO excerpts selected!

Posts 3163
Dominick Sela | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Feb 26 2012 3:49 AM

Here it is with everything selected. Notice it fills up with PrePubs and blog. Which explains why the Home Page content "cycles", as it places prepub and blog articles on there, which is a limited/fixed group of postings, and there are no excerpts or pictures/infographics. So if you don't have PrePubs or Blogs chosen in content you don't get a full Home Page or anything close to it!

Posts 641
Scott E. Mahle | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Feb 26 2012 4:00 AM

Dominick Sela:

The Home Page is really acting strangely lately; I have tried Ctrl-F5 to reset it, and the behavior is still the same:

Use Shift + F5 to reset the homepage cache.

Edit: I’m sure you have forgotten more than I’ll ever know, Dominick. Wink

Logos Series X Pastor’s Library | Logos 3 Leader’s Library | Logos 4 Portfolio | Logos 5 Platinum | Logos 6 Feature Crossgrade | Logos 7 Essential Upgrade - Large | Logos 8 Methodist & Wesleyan Platinum and Academic Professional

Posts 3163
Dominick Sela | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Feb 26 2012 4:41 AM

Thanks Scott, that seems to have straightened it out - I thought it was Ctrl-F5. I wonder what gets hosed up that this is necessary?

Posts 641
Scott E. Mahle | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Feb 26 2012 5:54 AM

Dominick Sela:

Thanks Scott, that seems to have straightened it out - I thought it was Ctrl-F5. I wonder what gets hosed up that this is necessary?

Something about the way the program cycles . . . possibly cycled through the entire library . . . it’s come to the end and doesn’t know what to do next . . . I don’t know. Could it be just a clever ploy by Logos to get us to buy additional resources? Confused

Logos Series X Pastor’s Library | Logos 3 Leader’s Library | Logos 4 Portfolio | Logos 5 Platinum | Logos 6 Feature Crossgrade | Logos 7 Essential Upgrade - Large | Logos 8 Methodist & Wesleyan Platinum and Academic Professional

Posts 60
Bruce | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Feb 27 2012 3:28 AM

Thx guys. That actually solved my problem. Shift-F5 to flush the homepage cache; I'll have to remember that! I tried a force start to sign in (shift-start) but could not get anything BUT the local information. Blog info, etc. would not load until I flushed the cache. Forum to the rescue again! Yes

Page 1 of 1 (7 items) | RSS