Interlinear Translation Editor addin?

Page 1 of 3 (55 items) 1 2 3 Next >
This post has 54 Replies | 4 Followers

Posts 40
Chris Porter | Forum Activity | Posted: Tue, Feb 28 2012 2:05 PM

For a while now ive been chasing down a good interlinear editor for my translations, and sofar the one which seems to best suit my needs is the Logos ITE: http://www.logos.com/support/article/649

However, i cant figure out how to get it at all. My previous college had Logos4 and Libronix in the library, but no sign of the ITE, and my current version of Logos 4 doesnt have it at all.

Is it available as a separate plugin akin to the Sentence Diagramming addin?

Posts 44
Bob Fuller | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Feb 28 2012 2:34 PM

I would love to get my hands on this, if it is available.

Posts 18644
Rosie Perera | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Feb 28 2012 2:52 PM

I think it was part of some addin for Libronix, but I haven't been able to figure out which one. I don't have this document type available myself in my installation of Libronix. I'll ask someone I know at Logos who works on interlinears.

Posts 18644
Rosie Perera | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Feb 28 2012 3:58 PM

I called and asked Customer Support about it, and the guy I spoke to asked around among his colleagues. It seems to have been something that was maybe in beta at one point but never actually released, and in any event it is no longer available. He says we might want to request it for Logos 4. He also said he was going to have someone take that article down because it's misleading. I have downloaded the video and archived a copy of it to provide as evidence to Logos in the future that they were at one point working on such a thing, and it would be nice if they resurrected it for Logos 4.

Posts 40
Chris Porter | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Feb 28 2012 4:04 PM

Thanks for that Rosie, its a pity they havnt kept on with it, as it seems to be the best featured interlinear editor that is out in the wild.

Posts 1649
Room4more | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Feb 28 2012 4:13 PM

Rosie, a LOT of vid's. may be you could adjust and make some folders so that the content is catagorized/?

DISCLAIMER: What you do on YOUR computer is your doing.

Posts 18644
Rosie Perera | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Feb 28 2012 4:20 PM

Robert, I post links to specific videos when I want people to see them. I don't care what their browsing experience is of my entire repository of videos up there. That's not the purpose of my using that site to store videos. Sorry about that for you. I don't have time to keep it organized.

Posts 1649
Room4more | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Feb 28 2012 4:31 PM

Rosie Perera:

Robert, I post links to specific videos when I want people to see them. I don't care what their browsing experience is of my entire repository of videos up there. That's not the purpose of my using that site to store videos. Sorry about that for you. I don't have time to keep it organized.

Rosie,

I wasn't trying to be rude - sorry if'n it sounded that wayEmbarrassed,  I did take the liberty to peruse a few....just thought it would be nice to see such-and-such folder to know what they were exactly.......

Posts 40
Chris Porter | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Feb 28 2012 5:16 PM

Hm, to avoid crossposting should this thread be moved to Suggestions, or should a new thread be started to increase the exposure?

Posts 18644
Rosie Perera | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Feb 28 2012 5:22 PM

Robert Booth:

Rosie Perera:

Rosie,

I wasn't trying to be rude - sorry if'n it sounded that wayEmbarrassed,  I did take the liberty to peruse a few....just thought it would be nice to see such-and-such folder to know what they were exactly.......

I apologize for my snarky response. It did feel sort of as though you were asking me to organize the junk on my hard disk for you personally or something (mine is a mess and it's nobody else's business how messy it is). It's just that there's all kinds of random stuff up there on my Screencast account, not all for Logos, and not even all relevant to any public audience at all. It's like my personal cloud storage for all kinds of junk videos. It really wasn't ever meant to be perused, but of course I know it's public so people can do so if they want to. Most of them are total junk, really, trust me. Mostly demos to Logos to explain a bug report I sent them, etc.

I suppose I could make one Logos folder and put the Logos ones in there. There, OK, I've done it and it only took 10-15 minutes. I was thinking it would be more time consuming than that. 

I separated out the bug report ones from the ones that were in response to a question someone asked on the forum (to the best of my recollection). But even those folders contain some goofs, stuff I was recording that didn't work the first time and I didn't bother to delete it. I've done my best, but I really don't have time to make it a nice browsing experience for everyone.

Again, I apologize for my initial unpleasant response. I was just being snappy because I'm already procrastinating too much this week, am supposed to be working on my sermon for this Sunday, and didn't need yet another excuse to go off and so something for someone that I didn't really believe NEEDED to be done. But now that you've made me realize what a jerk I was being, I needed to do it to make amends.

Posts 1266
LogosEmployee
Rick Brannan (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Feb 28 2012 6:45 PM
This addin was never available publicly, it was only used by contractors working on projects for Logos. We had the video up to demonstrate the software for them, I didn't know the video was actually publicly available. I'll see about removing the page to reduce confusion.

Rick Brannan
Data Wrangler, Faithlife
My books in print

Posts 40
Chris Porter | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Feb 28 2012 8:04 PM

Is there any chance of the addin being made available eventually? It would be extremely useful for anyone doing formal translation...

Posts 44
Bob Fuller | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Feb 29 2012 1:11 PM

It seems that removing the vid might be closing the door after the horse is out. Obviously, interlinears are still being produced, which means the addin is available. Since it is available, and there is interest, it would seem appropriate for Logos to consider the desires of their customers, and maybe even make some money. I'm already considering how much this might be worth to me. And, IF it becomes part of 4.5b,c,d or 4.6, so much the better.

So, take down the vid if you must, but don't lose it. Corporate wisdom just might find a use for it with their customers.

Posts 1266
LogosEmployee
Rick Brannan (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Feb 29 2012 3:23 PM

The tool in question was designed for internal-to-Logos use only and for very specific tasks. It has never been publicly available.

We've learned a lot about how this stuff works. The place to deliver these sorts of features to a wide user base is not in this old, brittle and (trust me) tempermental LDLS3.x addin.

As I said above, we've learned a lot about these sorts of tasks. If (when?) we decide and are able to deliver features like the above to a wider base, then we will certainly apply these lessons.

Rick Brannan
Data Wrangler, Faithlife
My books in print

Posts 1690
LogosEmployee
Bob Pritchett | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Feb 29 2012 3:58 PM

When we re-write our interlinear editor for Logos 4 (no date yet) my plan is to find a way to make it available to users, too. I hope we'll be able to make several specialized editors available. I know the audience is small, but for people who care the tools are awesome.

Posts 734
Tim Hensler | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Feb 29 2012 6:22 PM

Yes  Thank you Bob.

HP Pavilion Laptop PC; Windows 10 Home (64bit); i7-8565U @ 1.80GHz, 1.99GHZ ; 16GB of memory
Samsung Galaxy Tab A 10.1 (SM-T580) tablet; Android v8.1; Wi-Fi only; 16GB of storage; 32GB SD card.

Posts 1649
Room4more | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Feb 29 2012 7:06 PM

Bob Pritchett:

When we re-write our interlinear editor for Logos 4 (no date yet) my plan is to find a way to make it available to users, too. I hope we'll be able to make several specialized editors available. I know the audience is small, but for people who care the tools are awesome.

Define - Awesome-?

Posts 40
Chris Porter | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Oct 28 2013 3:49 PM

Almost two years later, and one major revision, and i was wondering whether anything had come of this?

Posts 101
tfjern | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Nov 1 2013 7:00 AM

If available I would buy it in a heartbeat.  Seems to be better than SIL's FLEx and even Paratext.

But don't hold your breath. Logos will never offer it for sale, sorry to say.

Posts 4625
RIP
Milford Charles Murray | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Nov 1 2013 8:15 AM

Peace!                    *smile*

I just took a few minutes and looked at much of the video again!                    Looks great, eh?                     Awesome is the word!

It's like the frosting on a cake!                          Not really necessary; however, I do like frosting on my cake!                      *smile*

Philippians 4:  4 Rejoice in the Lord always; again I will say, Rejoice. 5 Let your reasonableness be known to everyone. The Lord is at hand..........

Page 1 of 3 (55 items) 1 2 3 Next > | RSS