Less is more

Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
This post has 4 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 13
Glen Kaiser | Forum Activity | Posted: Thu, Nov 12 2009 5:14 PM

In my Libronix I can "Define Resource Associations" to group Bible versions together and only a few Bible versions are on each window.  Is there a way to do this on Logos4?

Posts 2246
Damian McGrath | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Nov 12 2009 5:17 PM

Glen, the precise functionality of v3 wrt Parallel Resource Associations has not been replicated to-date in v4 (but see this thread for more info: http://community.logos.com/forums/p/3452/26475.aspx)

You need to prioritise in your library the bibles which you would like available through the arrow functionality or quickly in the new tab.

Posts 9519
Forum MVP
Mark Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Nov 12 2009 5:18 PM

GlenKaiser:
In my Libronix I can "Define Resource Associations"

Right now this isn't possible in 4.0.

GlenKaiser:
only a few Bible versions are on each window

I'm not sure what you mean by this. Can you elaborate?

Pastor, North Park Baptist Church

Bridgeport, CT USA

Posts 13
Glen Kaiser | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Nov 12 2009 5:26 PM

only a few means that the group is small

Posts 9519
Forum MVP
Mark Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Nov 12 2009 6:23 PM

GlenKaiser:
only a few means that the group is small

I think you mean that when you click on the parallel resource associations icon in 3.0 that your list is short because you only defined a small group of Bibles in the resource association?

The ability to define or limit what is considered a 'primary' resource association in 4.0 is limited to the resources you prioritize in the 4.0 Library. Start with prioritizing your top five Bibles. You can prioritize other resources: Greek testaments, Hebrew lexicons, Bible dictionaries, favorite commentaries, etc. They all are on the same list in your Library but you can move them around to see your groupings better.

It is not really like the ability we had in 3.0. As Damian said, Logos has heard the cry over this and promises to bring something back. We'll have to see. Prioritization of our resources is the best we can do.

Pastor, North Park Baptist Church

Bridgeport, CT USA

Page 1 of 1 (5 items) | RSS