Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
This post has 2 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 221
James Thompson | Forum Activity | Posted: Sat, Mar 3 2012 6:15 PM

Just got a beast of a machine after my computer died -- Intel Core i5 3.0GHz, 6GB, 2TB HDD, DVDRW, Windows 7 64-bit. Couldn't find all my disks for L3 nor the DVD for L4 but decided to log on from the internet and download and install L4. Logos started downloading last night and into the next morning and then indexed the rest of the morning. I was curious as to how thorough the installation would be so I checked the total number of resources against my office installation. Result -- off by one resource and that one was exclusively an L3 resource! I guess the cloud works!

Posts 18921
Rosie Perera | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Mar 3 2012 6:18 PM

Great to hear!

I'd be interested to hear how much faster your experience of Logos is now with the new loaded machine.

Posts 291
Bob Schlessman | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Mar 4 2012 4:37 AM

Rosie Perera:

Great to hear!

I'd be interested to hear how much faster your experience of Logos is now with the new loaded machine.

I don't know about James' new system but I know on my new build Logos 4 runs considerably faster. I used an i5-2500K with 8 gig of RAM, a 120 gig SSD for my boot drive, and two one terabyte mechanical drives for data. Logos initial load time went from 35 seconds on my old Core 2 Quad Q8400 to 14 seconds on the new system. The overall speed and responsiveness while searching, opening and closing resources is amazing.

Like James I too appreciate the smooth install for Logos on my new system. I followed the multiple system install wiki and it went very quickly since I didn't have to download or reindex.

Overall the new system was money well spent and it was under $600 since I reused several components from older systems.

Blessings,

Bob

Page 1 of 1 (3 items) | RSS