LOGOS 4 has stopped working message

Page 1 of 2 (30 items) 1 2 Next >
This post has 29 Replies | 2 Followers

Posts 3
Jeff VanWinkle | Forum Activity | Posted: Sun, Mar 4 2012 6:03 AM

Just purchased L4 and when I try to logon on I get the above error message.  Tried to unistall and then reinstall with same message.  Any help would be appreciated.

Jeff[

View:http://community.logos.com/cfs-file.ashx/__key/CommunityServer.Discussions.Components.Files/76/16260.Logos4.log:550:0]

6116.Logos4Crash.txt

4555.Logos4Error.log

Posts 5573
Forum MVP
Rich DeRuiter | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Mar 4 2012 7:26 AM

Jeff VanWinkle:

Just purchased L4 and when I try to logon on I get the above error message.  Tried to unistall and then reinstall with same message.  Any help would be appreciated.

Jeff[

View:http://community.logos.com/cfs-file.ashx/__key/CommunityServer.Discussions.Components.Files/76/16260.Logos4.log:550:0]

6116.Logos4Crash.txt

4555.Logos4Error.log

We will need to see more logs, as these two don't show much information.

Please enable logging by carefully following all the instructions in the link below:
http://wiki.logos.com/Diagnostic_Logging

Then run Logos and see if you can repeat the issue that caused the crash. Make sure to post ALL the log and txt files here for review.

Here are the Wiki instructions for how to upload logs.
http://wiki.logos.com/Uploading_Logs

Help links: WIKI;  Logos 6 FAQ. (Phil. 2:14, NIV)

Posts 3
Allen Austin | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Mar 4 2012 7:44 AM

I have the same message on my Logos 4, will this wiki work for me also?

Allen

Posts 3
Allen Austin | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Mar 4 2012 8:03 AM

The stop working message tells me that the problem is in the program, and windows will let me know of a solution. Plus I tried the wiki logging by watching the video, and I still get the same message from windows. Logos 4 will not open up please help. Allen

Posts 5573
Forum MVP
Rich DeRuiter | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Mar 4 2012 8:47 AM

Allen Austin:

The stop working message tells me that the problem is in the program, and windows will let me know of a solution. Plus I tried the wiki logging by watching the video, and I still get the same message from windows. Logos 4 will not open up please help. Allen

Please enable logging as described in the wiki (see above) and the post your logs here (see instructions above).

Then we can look 'under the hood' and see if we can do anything to help. If we can't you may need to contact tech support on Monday. But if we can, you may be able to get it running today (you never know).

Posts 3
Allen Austin | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Mar 4 2012 12:50 PM

what instruction do I need to send

Posts 5573
Forum MVP
Rich DeRuiter | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Mar 4 2012 12:59 PM

Allen Austin:

what instruction do I need to send

We don't need instructions. We need the logs. Read the instructions below and then post your logs here:

Please enable logging by carefully following all the instructions in the link below:
http://wiki.logos.com/Diagnostic_Logging

Then run Logos and see if you can repeat the issue that caused the crash. Make sure to post all  the log and txt files here for review.

Here are the Wiki instructions for how to upload logs.
http://wiki.logos.com/Uploading_Logs

Posts 26524
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Mar 4 2012 3:37 PM

Jeff VanWinkle:

The log indicates a problem with Preferences, so please delete the file

C:\Users\Jeff\AppData\Local\Logos4\Documents\randomUserId\UserPreferences2\PreferencesManager.db

and restart Logos.  You need to show Hidden files and folders via Control Panel >> Folder Options >> View.

Note the folder is UserPreferences2   as there is another one without the number 2

Dave
===

Windows 10 & Android 8

Posts 3
Jim Zenger | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Mar 5 2012 11:03 AM

I'm getting the same message on my system. I've had logos4 installed for over a year. I just used it last night, but this morning, when I really need it, it keeps giving me this message. I'm attaching my log history.  What do I do now?38087.Logos4.log

Posts 9468
Forum MVP
Mark Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Mar 5 2012 11:18 AM

Jim,

Haven't seen that one before. It is not the same one Richard and Dave were dealing with in this thread.

Best bet right now is to call Logos Tech Support while they are open. You can refer them to this thread and the log file you posted if they need it.

Pastor, North Park Baptist Church

Bridgeport, CT USA

Posts 3
Jim Zenger | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Mar 5 2012 12:00 PM

0407.Logos4Crash.txt

Logos4 has stopped working message is appearing every time I try to start Logos4. I've attached a copy of the log file.  What do I need to do now?46136.Logos4.log

Posts 26524
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Mar 5 2012 2:15 PM

Jim Zenger:
Logos4 has stopped working message is appearing every time I try to start Logos4.

Do contact Tech Support as suggested above but it looks like your AV suite (Webroot?) could be interfering.

Dave
===

Windows 10 & Android 8

Posts 38
Bill Fitch | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Mar 6 2012 6:10 AM

I'm also having trouble with this error message. Awkward to call tech support as I'm in Africa for the next 6 weeks, so I'd appreciate any advice. 

Posts 5573
Forum MVP
Rich DeRuiter | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Mar 6 2012 8:18 AM

Bill Fitch:

I'm also having trouble with this error message. Awkward to call tech support as I'm in Africa for the next 6 weeks, so I'd appreciate any advice. 

This is also unusual in that the invalid operation is due to the current state of the object.

Have you tried rebooting Windows and trying again? I'm just guessing here, but it may be that a file handle was not released at some point by some DLL or other program component.

If that doesn't work, report back.

Posts 9468
Forum MVP
Mark Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Mar 6 2012 8:33 AM

Bill Fitch:

Email tech support and attach your log files. Explain you'll need detailed email instructions. tech@logos.com.

Pastor, North Park Baptist Church

Bridgeport, CT USA

Posts 8899
fgh | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Mar 6 2012 9:22 AM

Mark Smith:
Email tech support and attach your log files.

I suggest something desperate sounding with AFRICA in it on the subject line, to increase the chance you'll get an answer before Thursday. They tend to take a long time answering support e-mails.

There's also Skype.

"The Christian way of life isn't so much an assignment to be performed, as a gift to be received."  Wilfrid Stinissen

Mac Pro OS 10.9.

Posts 38
Bill Fitch | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Mar 6 2012 11:36 AM

Thanks, Richard & Mark.  Yes, I have rebooted.  So I'll email tech support.

Posts 38
Bill Fitch | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Mar 6 2012 11:38 AM

Thanks for the hint too, FGH.  We'll see how it works.

Posts 122

Looks like I'm having the same problem as others with the error message and Logos not running.

Posts 122

Not sure what I did, but wound up with a double extension. Also, forgot to express my appreciation for all of you who understand the internals of our program and are willing to share with the rest of us.

Page 1 of 2 (30 items) 1 2 Next > | RSS