LOGOS 4 has stopped working message

Page 2 of 2 (30 items) < Previous 1 2
This post has 29 Replies | 2 Followers

Posts 5573
Forum MVP
Rich DeRuiter | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Mar 6 2012 1:14 PM

James H. Schafer:

Not sure what I did, but wound up with a double extension. Also, forgot to express my appreciation for all of you who understand the internals of our program and are willing to share with the rest of us.

Looks similar to the problem above. Please contact tech support at the number on the Logos website, or by email: tech@logos.com. If you email, include your logs as an attachment and/or point to this thread.

Help links: WIKI;  Logos 6 FAQ. (Phil. 2:14, NIV)

Posts 9468
Forum MVP
Mark Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Mar 6 2012 2:08 PM

James,

Yours is a different error. Yours is an access problem due to a file already being in use (which shouldn't be happening). The first thing to try (and let us know about) is a reboot and to attempt to open Logos again.

Pastor, North Park Baptist Church

Bridgeport, CT USA

Posts 3
Jim Zenger | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Mar 6 2012 2:12 PM

I uninstalled Logos4 and reinstalled it. It took some time, but I've been using it for the past 8 hours with no problems. It has gone through the indexing process a couple of different times, but other than that all is working again as normal.

Posts 122
James H. Schafer | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Mar 6 2012 3:00 PM

Even though I had previously gone through the reboot process, I tried it again and at this moment Logos4 is up  and running. Feel a little cautious about it, however, but hopefully it will continue to work.

Could running the LogosLogError file have had anything with correcting the problem?

Any way, thanks for your help, Mark.

Posts 9468
Forum MVP
Mark Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Mar 6 2012 4:16 PM

James H. Schafer:
Could running the LogosLogError file have had anything with correcting the problem?

No that doesn't actually 'run', it records all errors that occur in Logos 4.

At any rate glad you are running successfully at this point.

Bridgeport, CT USA

Posts 122
James H. Schafer | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Mar 6 2012 4:27 PM

Well, I spoke too soon. Was working elsewhere and went to Alt-Tab over to Logos and it was gone. It had closed somehow and when I clicked to open it back up got the same error message. Sure need to get it working again, guess I'll call Tech tomorrow.

Thanks again, Mark.

Posts 9468
Forum MVP
Mark Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Mar 6 2012 4:33 PM

James H. Schafer:
Sure need to get it working again, guess I'll call Tech tomorrow.

If they tell you what they do to fix it (or what the problem is) let us know. That might help us help someone else.

Bridgeport, CT USA

Posts 122
James H. Schafer | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Mar 6 2012 4:54 PM

Sure will !!

Posts 6710
Forum MVP
Lynden Williams | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Mar 8 2012 6:11 AM

Dave Hooton:

Jeff VanWinkle:

The log indicates a problem with Preferences, so please delete the file

C:\Users\Jeff\AppData\Local\Logos4\Documents\randomUserId\UserPreferences2\PreferencesManager.db

and restart Logos.  You need to show Hidden files and folders via Control Panel >> Folder Options >> View.

Note the folder is UserPreferences2   as there is another one without the number 2

Thanks Dave, this worked for me. I was updating from 

and crashing. Deleted the preferences database and all is well.

Lynden Williams Communications https://www.lyndenwilliams.net 

Posts 38
Bill Fitch | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Mar 8 2012 12:59 PM

Update on my request for help of 2 days ago - and a callout of thanks to Mike Bryant of Logos Tech Help who responded promptly to my "Stranded without Logos in Africa" email.  Took a couple tries, but he identified it as something wrong with my "Library Catalog", the database they use to store book images, author/publisher info, etc.  So he had me rename two databases, and Logos regenerated them properly as soon as I started. Thanks, Mike!  It's a comfort to have competent tech support staff behind a product that's close to essential for many of us.

Bill

Page 2 of 2 (30 items) < Previous 1 2 | RSS