SR-6 (4.0.3.2984) Release Notes

Page 2 of 3 (43 items) < Previous 1 2 3 Next >
This post has 42 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 5622
Todd Phillips | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Nov 12 2009 8:06 PM

Chris Elford:

Chris Elford:

Wow!

294 MB, four new resources (The BIble and Its Story vols. 6, 7, & 9 and The Bible Hand-Book: For Sunday-Schools and Bible-Readers) and one update (Lexham Greek Syntax Database) - AND it took 6 seconds to index!!! Supplemental, but really fast!

Chris

Now that fed the addiction!!

Bring it on!!!

Thanks Logos. That's an amazing performance boost.

Chris

Don;t get too impressed.  I don't think the LSGDB is indexed with regular books, and The Bible and Its Story is a picture resource.

Wiki Links: Enabling Logging / Detailed Search Help - MacBook Pro (2014), ThinkPad E570

Posts 726
Chris Elford | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Nov 12 2009 8:08 PM

Todd Phillips:

Don;t get too impressed.  I don't think the LSGDB is indexed with regular books, and The Bible and Its Story is a picture resource.

Yeah, I got that once it was all done and I looked. But for a moment . . .

Reinforcement on an irregular and unpredictable basis is the strongest motivator for an addict.

I have sinned. I have fallen. Again.

Posts 37
Nick Pisciotti | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Nov 12 2009 8:20 PM

Kevin A. Purcell:

The best way to do this is type Update Now in the command box and then Update Resources.

Just in case anyone else is in the same boat.

I am, and thank you!

Posts 2745
Bohuslav Wojnar | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Nov 12 2009 8:22 PM

The synchronization problem is fixed. Great. Thank you Bradley and others. The program updated automatically, after my laptop came out from the hibernation. Than I hit update resources (sorry, I must Smile ) and now it downloads some 27 MB of resources. Everything works as it should. As I type it indexed and restarted the program and is ready to go.

Bohuslav

Posts 1409
LogosEmployee
Rick Brannan (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Nov 12 2009 8:34 PM

Todd Phillips:
I don't think the LSGDB is indexed with regular books

I'm not sure about the other stuff, but with the Lexham SGNT, it depends on what was downloaded. There are a few components:

1: the underlying syntax database, not indexed with other books

2: the graph resource ("clause visualizer"), not indexed with other books

3: the Lexham Syntactic Greek New Testament. This is a Greek NT with a block-outline-like formatting. It is indexed with other books.

4: the Lexham Syntactic Greek New Testament: Expansions and Annotations. This is a massive resource with lots of text and even more data type references. It is indexed with other books.

5: the glossary, but this is minimal.

Depending on what Chris got with the Lexham SGNT, it would require indexing.

Rick Brannan
Data Wrangler, Faithlife
My books in print

Posts 726
Chris Elford | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Nov 12 2009 8:46 PM

Rick,

Not sure what I got with the Lexham. I looked through the indexing log and can't really tell. Anyway, I'm still a happy addict. Thanks.

Chris

Posts 26952
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Nov 13 2009 2:09 AM

Chris Elford:
My name is Chris and I'm a betaholic.

Download addict! Pray for himSmile

Dave
===

Windows 10 & Android 8

Posts 468
Charlene | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Nov 13 2009 2:55 AM

Bradley Grainger:

New Features:

• "update now" and "update resources" show a "Checking for updates..." indicator in the upper-right of the main window

Known Bugs:

Thanks, Bradley! This is wonderful. Keep up the good work!

Charlene

Posts 34
Ian McAsey | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Nov 13 2009 3:49 AM

I've just downloaded SR-6 and then updated resources. When I looked at the library I appear to have lost resources!!

Befor update I had 3148 resources.

I now have 3078.

Where have the other 70 resources gone? (And I havn't hidden any between events)

Posts 653
Alex Scott | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Nov 13 2009 12:04 PM

Chris Elford:
294 MB, four new resources (The BIble and Its Story vols. 6, 7, & 9 and The Bible Hand-Book: For Sunday-Schools and Bible-Readers)

How do you find out what's new??????  I just got one more book added and I have no idea what it was.

Longtime Logos user (more than $30,000 in purchases) - now a second class user because I won't pay them more every month or year.

Posts 726
Chris Elford | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Nov 13 2009 12:18 PM

I watched my indexing log. It is easiest in the download stage - it is constantly being rewritten. c:/my documents/logos logs/

Chris

Posts 8660
TCBlack | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Nov 13 2009 12:20 PM

Alex, at current this is next to impossible.  Many users have started tagging every book in their library with "original books"  then when books are added we can sort against that to see which ones are new.

Hmm Sarcasm is my love language. Obviously I love you. 

Posts 8660
TCBlack | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Nov 13 2009 12:21 PM

Chris Elford:

I watched my indexing log. It is easiest in the download stage - it is constantly being rewritten. c:/my documents/logos logs/

Wow Chris, that's a new one on me.  Good show!  Yes

Posts 653
Alex Scott | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Nov 13 2009 2:35 PM

Alex Scott:
How do you find out what's new??????  I just got one more book added and I have no idea what it was.

From doing a search item, it appears to be 'The New Encyclopedia of Christian Quotations' which raises another question.  That book now appears twice in my library with two different file names, one from 2006 and one from 2009.

Longtime Logos user (more than $30,000 in purchases) - now a second class user because I won't pay them more every month or year.

Posts 726
Chris Elford | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Nov 13 2009 2:40 PM

Alex Scott:

Alex Scott:

From doing a search item, it appears to be 'The New Encyclopedia of Christian Quotations' which raises another question.  That book now appears twice in my library with two different file names, one from 2006 and one from 2009.

Sorry, I don't got one. That's not fair. Alex has two!!! MOOOOOMMMM!

That aside, I wonder if the 2006 version will disappear in a while - next update?

Chris

Posts 8660
TCBlack | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Nov 13 2009 2:42 PM

Chris Elford:
That aside, I wonder if the 2006 version will disappear in a while - next update?
Not likely, Logos position is that they will addeth, not taketh away.

Posts 587
Bobby Terhune | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Nov 13 2009 2:48 PM

I think you recieved the updated for L4 copy of your book and it didn't delete the L3 version of Christian Quotations. If that's true, it raised new questions about the update process.

Posts 26952
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Nov 15 2009 2:35 PM

BobbyTerhune:
I think you recieved the updated for L4 copy of your book and it didn't delete the L3 version of Christian Quotations.

It should be easy enough to check for duplicate filenames in Win Explorer path \Logos4\Data\{random}\ResourceManager\Resources (get the filename from About this Resource in L3, or a Bibliography report).

Dave
===

Windows 10 & Android 8

Posts 1084
Martin Folley | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Nov 16 2009 10:21 AM

Alex Scott:

If you mean completely new as opposed to a new updated version of what you had then I find that tagging takes too long and does not really give me any useful information. A resource is either new or not, I do not keep a record of exactly which order it came with.

However what I have done is rated all my resources at 2. Then, while reviewing them over time I have used the following scheme:

1. Of no immediate use but I hate to hide anything
  2. General Resources
  3. Useful Resources/series (by reputation)
  4. Resources recommended specifically by others
  5. My Favourites.

A side effect of this is that new resources arrive with no rating at all (rating:=0) so I can filter the library with that. Once I have tagged a resource, I give it a rating and it is no longer 'new'.

I suppose this is also a simple way of giving the new resources a tag that relates to their purchase if required.

I recall Bob saying that at some point some date fields might be added to the meta data for things such as purchase date and publishing date etc.

2010 17" MBP with High Sierra, iPad4 with iOS10.

Posts 376
Dan Sheppard | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Nov 16 2009 6:13 PM

I am concerned about this download addict thing.

Is it normal, after clicking update now and update resources, that when you see something new, you start laughing and get tears in your eyes??

Dan

Page 2 of 3 (43 items) < Previous 1 2 3 Next > | RSS