Logos shutting down at start up

Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
This post has 4 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 2
Mark VanderWerf | Forum Activity | Posted: Sun, Mar 4 2012 3:17 PM

Looking for help to resolve why my Logos shuts down immediately upon starting up.  After starting up, my Logos screen flashes BRIEFLY and then immediately quits.  Any suggestions?

I am running Logos 4 on a Mac.

Posts 30050
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Mar 4 2012 6:06 PM

Mark - 

First, welcome to the forums! Sorry you are having troubles. 

First, I am not a techie but you will probably be asked for logs. HERE is a link to instructions to do that. 

Can you tell me more about your situation? What OS are you running? What version of Logos? Is this a new installation, or have you been running Logos for a while?

macOS, iOS & iPadOS | Logs |  Install

Posts 2
Mark VanderWerf | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Mar 4 2012 6:34 PM

Thanks for the response.  I am running OS X and am running Logos 4 (Logos 4.??).  This is not a new installation; I have been running it for the last 1 1/2 or so.  Haven't had this problem before.  I will check the link that you sent.

If you have any other suggestions that would be great.

Again, thanks for the help.

Posts 15805
Forum MVP
Keep Smiling 4 Jesus :) | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Mar 4 2012 8:49 PM

Mark VanderWerf:
Looking for help to resolve why my Logos shuts down immediately upon starting up.  After starting up, my Logos screen flashes BRIEFLY and then immediately quits.  Any suggestions?

Welcome Big Smile

If using stable Logos 4 release, one option is contacting Logos Mac Support => http://www.logos.com/about/contact

Suspect immediate quit is a crash; would like to look at diagnostic log files.

Wiki Mac Troubleshooting has => How to Report Bugs in Logos 4 Mac

Option: download and use an applescipt application 5504.Logos4MacLogging.app.zip to display your logging setting, then change to enable logging.

Apologies: without diagnostic log files to look at, have nothing to suggest since have no idea what is causing immediate quit.

Keep Smiling Smile

Posts 20
Revk_buddy | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Mar 5 2012 2:30 PM

Mark,

I had the same issue a couple of weeks ago. Send logos the logs, that might help. See also my thread: http://community.logos.com/forums/t/45908.aspx

The Mac Technician I called said to delete Logos 4 and reinstall it. However, I have 5,000+ resources and it took 2 days to download and index. Someone suggested other methods on my thread, which might save you some time!

Sorry to hear brother,

Rob

Page 1 of 1 (5 items) | RSS