Showing differences between versions when pressing F7

Page 2 of 2 (33 items) < Previous 1 2
This post has 32 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 25973
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Mar 7 2012 10:58 AM

Hi Milford, thanks for checking and clarifying.

Looking more and more like something changed between 4.5a and 4.5b

Graham

Posts 1432
Tonya J Ross | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Mar 16 2012 11:37 AM

I've been able to reproduce the issue in 4.5a SR-1 and not 4.5b (as reported.)  I'm not aware of any changes being made to either the immediate compare or the Text Comparison tool that would have caused this issue.  I'll make myself a note to make sure that the immediate compare stays 'un-broken' in 4.5b until it ships to the stable channel.

Posts 25973
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Mar 19 2012 2:34 AM

Hi Tonya

Thanks for this - appreciated.

Sorry for not acknowledging sooner - I was away over the weekend.

Thanks for all the great work you do

Graham

Posts 128
Simon Pleasants | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Mar 19 2012 3:41 AM

Thanks, Tonya for finding the problem. And thanks Graham for taking an interest in this issue and raising it on the beta forum.

"Upon a life I did not live, Upon a death I did not die, Another's life, another's death, I stake my whole eternity"

Horatius Bonar

Posts 128
Simon Pleasants | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, May 3 2012 9:29 PM

This feature still doesn't work for me even after upgrading to 4.5b (4.52.0.2176). Is anyone else experiencing the same thing? I really miss this feature and was hoping that the upgrade would fix the problem.

"Upon a life I did not live, Upon a death I did not die, Another's life, another's death, I stake my whole eternity"

Horatius Bonar

Posts 15805
Forum MVP
Keep Smiling 4 Jesus :) | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, May 3 2012 9:41 PM

Simon Pleasants:

This feature still doesn't work for me even after upgrading to 4.5b (4.52.0.2176). Is anyone else experiencing the same thing? I really miss this feature and was hoping that the upgrade would fix the problem.

Wonder about screenshot ?

Using Logos 4.5b (4.52.0.2176) on Windows 7, noticed Text Comparison and F7 are a bit different:

Keep Smiling Smile

Posts 128
Simon Pleasants | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, May 3 2012 9:59 PM

This is a screenshot of what I see on Vista:

Horatius Bonar

Posts 25973
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, May 4 2012 12:05 AM

Hi Simon

This is strange!

When I execute the same test I get the inline comparisons as expected.

I wonder if it is Windows OS version related - I (and KS4J) are running Windows 7 whereas you are on Vista. (This isn't something we explored in the earlier discussion)

So it would be interesting to know whether anyone else running Vista and 4.5b gets the inline comparisons or not

Graham

Posts 1432
Tonya J Ross | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, May 4 2012 9:19 AM

There is an active case for Text Comparison settings not being respected in the Immediate Compare popup.  I filed it during the 4.5b beta cycle since I was keeping an eye on it and noticed it right away (see Known Issues for Beta 6.  It is also listed in the Known Issues for 4.5b.)  Smile

On Windows I see both display settings (show differences, show base text) turned on; while neither option displays on Mac.  I had thought that was the pervasive behavior, but it is possible that the popup is showing the settings which were applied the last time it was functioning correctly.  I'm not sure about that. 

Posts 25973
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, May 4 2012 2:44 PM

Hi Tonya - thanks for responding so quickly.

Tonya J Ross:
It is also listed in the Known Issues for 4.5b.)  Smile

Sorry, I missed that!

Tonya J Ross:
On Windows I see both display settings (show differences, show base text) turned on; while neither option displays on Mac.  I had thought that was the pervasive behavior, but it is possible that the popup is showing the settings which were applied the last time it was functioning correctly.  I'm not sure about that. 

It is quite bizarre. It works fine for me on Windows 7 but clearly not for Simon on Vista (but I have no idea whether the OS version is relevant)

Good to know that there is an active case for this

Thanks, Graham

Posts 128
Simon Pleasants | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, May 4 2012 3:35 PM

Graham Criddle:

It is quite bizarre. It works fine for me on Windows 7 but clearly not for Simon on Vista (but I have no idea whether the OS version is relevant)

Thanks, Graham, for continuing to take an active interest in this issue. It doesn't appear to be OS dependent---I've just installed Logos on my laptop that runs Windows 7 and observed the same problem on it as well.

Horatius Bonar

Posts 128
Simon Pleasants | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, May 4 2012 3:38 PM

Tonya J Ross:

There is an active case for Text Comparison settings not being respected in the Immediate Compare popup.  I filed it during the 4.5b beta cycle since I was keeping an eye on it and noticed it right away (see Known Issues for Beta 6.  It is also listed in the Known Issues for 4.5b.)  Smile

Thanks, Tonya. It's good to know that you're aware of the problem and are working on it. 

Horatius Bonar

Posts 128
Simon Pleasants | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jun 28 2012 2:28 PM

This problem has been fixed in the latest release (4.5c). Thank you so much for fixing it! It's great to be able to compare different versions just by pressing one key again! I love this feature!

Horatius Bonar

Page 2 of 2 (33 items) < Previous 1 2 | RSS