Reinstalled logos 4

Page 1 of 1 (20 items)
This post has 19 Replies | 2 Followers

Posts 1540
Blair Laird | Forum Activity | Posted: Sat, Mar 10 2012 7:22 AM

I backed up my logos folder, and reformated my computer, and logos is not seeing my books that are in there. I typed in the command *scan C:\Users\Divinesoteriology\AppData\Local\Logos4 and the books are still not showing up. Is there something wrong I am doing.

On a side note, when I went to start up logos I clicked do not connect, and now it does not ask me for my username and password. The issue is I never put it in, and I am not sure how to get it to ask me for my username, and password now.

Posts 5573
Forum MVP
Rich DeRuiter | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Mar 10 2012 7:48 AM

Blair Laird:
On a side note, when I went to start up logos I clicked do not connect, and now it does not ask me for my username and password. The issue is I never put it in, and I am not sure how to get it to ask me for my username, and password now.

This is likely the cause, as Logos4 doesn't have any record of your licenses without your username/password.

To get to that sign-in screen again, hold down CTRL as Logos4 is starting up.

Help links: WIKI;  Logos 6 FAQ. (Phil. 2:14, NIV)

Posts 1540
Blair Laird | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Mar 10 2012 12:37 PM

Thanks I forgot all about the control button, it has been a while since I reformatted my computer. I am logged in now but the books don't seem to be showing up.

Posts 5573
Forum MVP
Rich DeRuiter | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Mar 10 2012 1:21 PM

Blair Laird:

Thanks I forgot all about the control button, it has been a while since I reformatted my computer. I am logged in now but the books don't seem to be showing up.

1. Are you sure you used the same Logos ID that you used when you purchased the resources?
  2. Do you have synchronization enabled (so your licenses can sync)?
  3. Did you run the scan command again?
  4. Did you restart Logos4 after running the scan command?

If you answered yes to all four questions, I believe you'll need to contact tech support to straighten this out.

Posts 1540
Blair Laird | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Mar 10 2012 1:49 PM

I am using the id that I am currently using to log into my account with logos here on the website.

I typed in sync on the command bar, and did see the sync symbol on the right hand side of the program

I ran the scan command 4 times 

I also restarted each time

Thanks for your help

Posts 5573
Forum MVP
Rich DeRuiter | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Mar 10 2012 2:23 PM

Blair Laird:
I am using the id that I am currently using to log into my account with logos here on the website.

I assume that this is the same ID that you used when you purchased your Logos resources? If not, your accounts will need to be combined. Only someone that works for Logos can do that. Sounds like you need to get in touch with Logos.

Posts 1540
Blair Laird | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Mar 10 2012 3:00 PM

Ive tried my old email add., and I cannot log into logos with them. I am able to log in with my current one. My email has changed a few times over the years but that all should be updated when I changed my email in my account on the logos website, at least I think.

The problem does seem to be the license not syncing up because when I click on a book in the resource folder it does not open in logos 4

Posts 5573
Forum MVP
Rich DeRuiter | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Mar 10 2012 3:12 PM

Blair Laird:

Ive tried my old email add., and I cannot log into logos with them. I am able to log in with my current one. My email has changed a few times over the years but that all should be updated when I changed my email in my account on the logos website, at least I think.

The problem does seem to be the license not syncing up because when I click on a book in the resource folder it does not open in logos 4

If you've changed your user ID as you describe, then you'll definitely have to call or email tech support to straighten it all out. Changing it on the web site isn't enough, as this only deals with how you log into your account, not how your account is identified internally by the Logos licensing components.

Definitely get a hold of them when they reopen on Monday (6am PDT). If you can remember your previous Logos user ID, that would probably be helpful.

Posts 249
DHG | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Mar 10 2012 3:15 PM

Just a thought. Maybe you should scan the resource folder itself?

Posts 1540
Blair Laird | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Mar 10 2012 3:15 PM

Thanks.. Glad biblia is still available.. 

Posts 5573
Forum MVP
Rich DeRuiter | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Mar 10 2012 3:31 PM

DHG:

Ah! I didn't notice that before!

Yes, the scan path is not sufficient. It should be something like: C:\Users\[UserName]\AppData\Local\Logos4\Data\[RandomNumbers]\ResourceManager\Resources

Good catch DHG!

Posts 15805
Forum MVP
Keep Smiling 4 Jesus :) | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Mar 10 2012 7:03 PM

Richard DeRuiter:

DHG:

Ah! I didn't notice that before!

Yes, the scan path is not sufficient. It should be something like: C:\Users\[UserName]\AppData\Local\Logos4\Data\[RandomNumbers]\ResourceManager\Resources

Good catch DHG!

Looking at a reply by a Logos developer => http://community.logos.com/forums/p/32065/240051.aspx#240051

and considering scan command copies licensed resource file(s) into Logos 4 Resources folder along with updating SQLite database files (including indexing), personally unsure about wisdom of scanning your Logos 4 folder (or any folder inside your active Logos 4 folder), which includes all sub-folders.

Using scan command to copy from another user's Logos 4 folder into your Logos 4 folder could be done.  On a computer, could have two users with Logos 4 installed: one using Beta channel while the other user has Stable channel.  In one of the Logos 4 installations, could turn off automatic downloads, then use manually scan command to copy updated resources from the other Logos 4 installation.

Keep Smiling Smile

Posts 1540
Blair Laird | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Mar 10 2012 7:40 PM

Thanks not sure what I did, I tried a whole bunch of different things the last thing I did was click ResourceSyncManager in the resource folder. Not sure if that's what did it or not. 

Posts 8
Barry Stover | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Mar 11 2012 11:52 PM

Can someone please help?  This relates to the above...

I just had to re-install my laptop.  I installed 4.5a right off the bat, and it wanted to download all 16.78GB.  I already have it all downloaded at c:\resources.  But, the scan command doesn't seem to work, and even my default layout has "You don't have a license to view this resource, but you could..."  I've double and triple checked my account email address (it had changed about 3 months ago...).  Still no go.  It DOES let me log in, so i know it's a good account.  I live in a remote area, and it would cost exactly USD1,292.57 to download it all over again.  When I do use the scan command, it dumps all the files in the resources folder, but then wants to download them anyway...  Any ideas anyone?

I have tried:

1 - uninstalling and re-installing Logs 4.5a

2 - The scan command multiple times, with restarts

3 - Trying to find the "resourcesyncmanager" thing, and it doesn't look like an executable file

4 - Deleted the License Manager folder

5 - Tried to let it download a little, thinking that it would clue in - and not download the whole bunch.

6 - Deleted the resources folder.

Any other ideas?

Posts 1540
Blair Laird | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Mar 12 2012 12:08 AM

The resourcesyncmanager file is in the resource folder. I just right clicked on it, and chose open with logos 4. I am not sure that whats synced my books or not. I know it is not the proper way of doing things that is for sure. Be sure to double check, and make sure your scanning the right folder, that was my mistake.

Posts 15805
Forum MVP
Keep Smiling 4 Jesus :) | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Mar 12 2012 2:28 AM

Aaron Jex:
Any other ideas?

Welcome Big Smile

Wonder about uninstalling Logos 4 along with deleting your Logos 4 folder.

From description, suspect method 3 on wiki => Quick Installation onto multiple computers would be helpful, including:

• select Custom installation and uncheck “Automatically Download Updates”

Also may want to change "Use Internet" to No to avoid costly network traffic.

Keep Smiling Smile

Posts 8
Barry Stover | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Mar 13 2012 3:31 AM

@ Blair Laird

I think I got the scan folder correct - because if you don't, it wants to search for it instead of doing the command.  Plus, the scan program brought in all the resources but it's still giving me the "You might have this resource" error.  And, at the same time, it's wanting to download all the resources.

@Keep Smiling

I've uninstalled Logos 4 and killed the logos 4 folder altogether.  Then, re-installed.  I've tried to confirm that, and it looks like it's reappeared in the old location again.  So, going to kill everything again and re-install again and see if that helps.    I've done the other sugguestions you've offered.

Thanks for the replies!

Posts 8
Barry Stover | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Mar 21 2012 1:23 PM

I just happened to be on in Brisbane for training last week, and I let Logos download everything that it wanted to.  It finished downloading and indexing, and I look and it downloaded only just over 4GB, instead of the 16GB that it told me.  Maybe 25% of my library Logos suddenly updated?  Maybe there was no glitch in the software?  At any rate, it's working now.  Although, now that I'm back in Papua New Guinea, it keeps wanting to download a 3.8KB file every day - this is what it's been doing since I went to 4.5a.  Is there a SR1 for 4.5a yet?

Posts 29456
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Mar 21 2012 1:31 PM

Aaron Jex:
Is there a SR1 for 4.5a yet?

yes.

http://community.logos.com/forums/t/47087.aspx

macOS, iOS & iPadOS | Logs |  Install

Posts 8
Barry Stover | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Mar 21 2012 1:48 PM

Yes, thank you.  I found it - a little buried already...

Page 1 of 1 (20 items) | RSS