Reading Plan / Calendar Devotional Question

Page 1 of 1 (8 items)
This post has 7 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 25730
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Posted: Sun, Mar 11 2012 9:00 PM

I think I know the answer already… but I hope I am wrong. Tongue Tied

Is there anyway to create a reading plan with a calendar devotional (specifically For the Love of God, Volume 1) starting TODAY as January 1st? The resource only has page numbers in the intro… starting with "January 1st" the page numbers are missing.

OSX & iOS | Mac Logs | PC LogsInstall

Posts 3578
steve clark | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Mar 11 2012 9:28 PM

i don't have the devotional that you are using, but My Utmost for His Highest doesn't have page numbers either.

The reading plan worked great by offsetting the starting day to skip past the TOC and preface pages

When i click on any of the days it opens January to the right pages

QLinks, Bibl2, LLR, Macros
Dell Insp 17-5748, i5, 1.7 GHz, 8G RAM, win 8.1

Posts 25730
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Mar 12 2012 4:37 AM

steve clark:
The reading plan worked great by offsetting the starting day to skip past the TOC and preface pages

When I created a reading plan, it created a plan with about one page a week, despite being set up to read the entire book with daily readings. It saw the book as only 25 pages.

Posts 8846
Forum MVP
NB.Mick | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Mar 12 2012 4:46 AM

alabama24:

I think I know the answer already… but I hope I am wrong. Tongue Tied

Is there anyway to create a reading plan with a calendar devotional (specifically For the Love of God, Volume 1) starting TODAY as January 1st? The resource only has page numbers in the intro… starting with "January 1st" the page numbers are missing.

The issue is the resource and its index. We had this before, maybe this thread: http://community.logos.com/forums/t/42129.aspx will give you some ideas.

Running Logos 7 latest (beta) version on Win 10

Posts 25730
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Mar 12 2012 6:22 AM

Thanks Mick. I assume that your PB solution does not work on mobile devices… or does it? Did the reading plan you created link directly to Carson, or (as I assume) to your personal book? 

Posts 8846
Forum MVP
NB.Mick | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Mar 12 2012 7:02 AM

alabama24:

Thanks Mick. I assume that your PB solution does not work on mobile devices… or does it? Did the reading plan you created link directly to Carson, or (as I assume) to your personal book? 

I don't have a mobile device, but assume it won't work on these, as the reading plan linked to my PB from Carson and these don't sync to mobile devices right now (you should be the first to know if it's otherwise! Wink ) - back then I didn't see a way of doing this differently. Well, Logos could scrap the unneccesary page-index from the book or make the reading plan feature usable for works indexed like this.

Running Logos 7 latest (beta) version on Win 10

Posts 25730
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Mar 12 2012 7:16 AM

I was confused at first… but I understand now that you actually duplicated the book (or part of it) to create the reading plan. Quite annoying. Along with many others I had been waiting for the updated app so that I could have working reading plans / highlighting, etc. I don't want to create a PB copy of the book because I want my reading plan with me!

Thanks for the idea though. It was a good one, if not usable in my situation. Tongue Tied

Posts 210
Bernhard | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Dec 29 2017 2:40 PM

I assume this is (6 years later) still true?

I actually made a personal book from the PDF of For the Love of God 1 that is available for free online and started reading it a few months ago. No problem to make a reading plan from that (as I set the page breaks in the right places). When I got the devotional in Logos format for free today I was looking forward to be able to also use the reading plan on mobile - but that won't work then (as I am not sticking to the dates in the book)... Guess the only way would be to click 365 times x by making a custom reading plan? Or are there any other ideas?

Page 1 of 1 (8 items) | RSS