Page 1 of 1 (7 items)
This post has 6 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 14
Kevin Kneeland | Forum Activity | Posted: Mon, Mar 12 2012 7:29 AM

If there is a way to get around automatic updates?  This isn't a good idea.  Yesterday morning, I was waiting for the update to finish, and the internet was pretty slow, and service was just about to start.  Fortunately, the internet picked up the pace, and it finished before service was about to start, but I REALLY do NOT want to get into a situation where it is updating and we can't have songs on the overhead because Proclaim is updating.  Please fix this major flaw ASAP.

Thank you

Posts 3502
LogosEmployee
Scott Alexander | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Mar 12 2012 7:49 AM

Most updates are optional and can be skipped by pressing the skip button.

Posts 3502
LogosEmployee
Scott Alexander | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Mar 12 2012 7:51 AM

Posts 14
Kevin Kneeland | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Mar 12 2012 7:58 AM

You say most updates.  Does this mean some updates do not have these options?  In the case where there is an update coming where these options are not available, is there any way you can send out an alert or something so that we can preform the update before Sunday morning?  When you say "most updates", this doesn't give me reassurance that my concern will not be an issue.  Thank you for addressing my concern.

Posts 1729
LogosEmployee
Hunter Clagett | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Mar 12 2012 9:22 AM

Kevin Kneeland:

You say most updates.  Does this mean some updates do not have these options?  In the case where there is an update coming where these options are not available, is there any way you can send out an alert or something so that we can preform the update before Sunday morning?  When you say "most updates", this doesn't give me reassurance that my concern will not be an issue.  Thank you for addressing my concern.

Kevin, the reason we say most updates will have the option to be skipped is that occasionally we need to update backend services, database schema or other parts of the application that would break operation for most users without updating their client.

For this reason, if at all possible we will not push out a major (unskippable) release before a weekend. I'd suggest that you run Proclaim on the Presentation computer before service time to check for these types of updates. 

Thanks,

- Hunter Clagett

Logos 4 Bug Report - Mac | PC

Proclaim - Mac/PC

Posts 13
Joshua Newman | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Mar 15 2012 4:15 PM

I agree on the "Give us notification" thought. If we know that there is a mandatory update coming up, we can update Proclaim before the day of service.  I'm sure very few of us go to the church to fire up the projection computer the day before service just to see if there's an update. :)

Posts 194
Allen Petersen | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Mar 16 2012 8:34 AM

Tuesday morning, Pacific Time, is our regular window for shipping Proclaim. We would try to only ship required updates during that time. The release notes posted on the forums at the time we ship will indicate the update is required. This should provide five days to get projection systems updated before our peak time of Sunday morning. 

Page 1 of 1 (7 items) | RSS