what is a stake for the Eastern and western regarding filioque from moltmann

Page 1 of 1 (10 items)
This post has 9 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 17
Pastor Pearlie Smith | Forum Activity | Posted: Mon, Mar 12 2012 5:06 PM

My professor  

Read Jurgen Moltmann's analysis of the filioque controversy and describe what is theologically at stake between the Eastern and Western formulation of the creed 

Posts 2964
tom | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Mar 12 2012 5:56 PM

Keep Smiling 4 Jesus :):

These resources talk about or use Moltmann, but these resources are not Moltmann's resources.  I have been saying that we need a Moltmann's books in Logos (now I would say Vyrso), but we do not have any as of yet.  

I am going to assume that Jerry's professor assigned a Moltmann book for the class (likely The Trinity and the Kingdom), and this is where he needs to engage Moltmann.

Posts 15805
Forum MVP
Keep Smiling 4 Jesus :) | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Mar 12 2012 6:05 PM

tom collinge:
These resources talk about or use Moltmann, but these resources are not Moltmann's resources.  I have been saying that we need a Moltmann's books in Logos (now I would say Vyrso), but we do not have any as of yet.  

Suggestions forum has thread (from Dec 2010) => Jürgen Moltmann collection

Noticed Fortress Press has a number of titles => http://store.fortresspress.com/store/category/202961/Jurgen-Moltmann

Wonder about contacting Augsburg Fortress about digital publication in Logos ? => http://www.augsburgfortress.org/company/contactus.jsp

Keep Smiling Smile

Posts 18670
Rosie Perera | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Mar 12 2012 6:09 PM

Sounds like you're a student asking for help on a school assignment. If your professor Googles your name and finds out that you got assistance on this instead of thinking it through on your own, it might result in marks being reduced. I'd be careful. Asking for help finding relevant resources is OK, but not answers on the actual question.

Presumably you have access to Jurgen Moltmann's analysis of the filioque controversy in your course texts? Read that first. Then study up on "filioque controversy" in your Logos resources so help fill out your understanding of the issues involved and on the difference between the Eastern and Western formulation of the creed, and then approach your response to Moltmann from a position of better understanding. You'll benefit more from doing the hard work yourself than from getting answers here.

I don't know if you have the Tyndale Bulletin in your Logos library, but there's a lengthy article by Gerald Bray titled "The Filioque Clause In History And Theology" in volume 34, issue 1. It's available as part of the Theological Journal Library volume 12. That particular article is also available free online here.

Posts 1649
Room4more | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Mar 12 2012 7:28 PM

Jerry v. Morgan:

My professor   

Read Jurgen Moltmann's analysis of the filioque controversy and describe what is theologically at stake between the Eastern and Western formulation of the creed 

When is it due?

DISCLAIMER: What you do on YOUR computer is your doing.

Posts 17
Pastor Pearlie Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Mar 13 2012 9:03 AM

monday 

Posts 1649
Room4more | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Mar 13 2012 9:15 AM

Jerry v. Morgan:

monday 

Have you been over the creeds yet, and how they differ based on the same manuscript?

Posts 17
Pastor Pearlie Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Mar 13 2012 11:28 AM

no I haven't  where would I find that at 

Posts 1649
Room4more | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Mar 13 2012 2:14 PM

Jerry v. Morgan:

no I haven't  where would I find that at 

Bummer! I would say in the designated book.........there is a few chapters where he goes into some detail concerning your assignment.

Page 1 of 1 (10 items) | RSS