BETA 3: REPEATED CRASH ON STARTUP - 2 COMPUTERS

Page 2 of 2 (24 items) < Previous 1 2
This post has 23 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 5573
Forum MVP
Rich DeRuiter | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Mar 15 2012 7:58 AM | Locked

Bradley Grainger:

Richard DeRuiter:

Crashing here too. It crashes consistently on trying to save or load a layout. (sorry didn't save any logs)

This crash appears to be unrelated to OpenDNS; can you please start a new thread and post the crash log there? (That will make it easier for Testing to respond to your issue individually.)

Done.

Help links: WIKI;  Logos 6 FAQ. (Phil. 2:14, NIV)

Posts 97
Jeff Loven | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Mar 15 2012 9:42 AM | Locked

Dominick Sela:

I am dead in the water - both systems I have crash immmediately on startup every time.  Attached are logs from one of the systems. HELP!!

I'm having the exact same problem. I've attached my log files. This is a real bummer...today is my message prep day. Note to self: always read the Beta Forum first. Angry

8883.Logos4.log

663254.Logos4Crash.txt

1588.Logos4Error.log

Posts 2745
Bohuslav Wojnar | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Mar 15 2012 12:21 PM | Locked

Jeff Loven:
today is my message prep day. Note to self: always read the Beta Forum first. Angry

The same situation, plus I go to the Bible School to teach from MondaySad on... I hope we will see a new Beta till then.

Bohuslav

Posts 9154
LogosEmployee
Bradley Grainger (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Mar 15 2012 12:53 PM | Locked

Jeff Loven:

I'm having the exact same problem.

Try following these instructions to configure your computer to use Google's DNS servers: http://code.google.com/speed/public-dns/docs/using.html, or these instructions with pictures: http://techie-buzz.com/how-to/google-public-dns-on-win7-and-winxp.html

Or, if you select Obtain DNS server address automatically in those dialogs, you should use your ISP's default servers, which should also avoid the crash.

Another alternative is to hold down CTRL at startup and click the Work Offline button. This should stop the crash, even if changing DNS servers doesn't.

Page 2 of 2 (24 items) < Previous 1 2 | RSS