Logos after death

Page 2 of 2 (24 items) < Previous 1 2
This post has 23 Replies | 6 Followers

Posts 82
Joe | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Mar 16 2012 3:11 PM

fgh:

Joe:
Maybe Logos might consider allowing one Forum Thread specifically dedicated to the resale of Logos in the event of someone going to glory.  Selling on Ebay takes around 9% and then another 3% via PayPal credit card.

There is a forum member who has a personal website where you can put things up for sale. Or look for bargains. Not much activity, though.

Yeah, I have seen that, but not much activity.  Thanks.

Posts 10
Wildbio | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Mar 16 2012 3:44 PM

I haven't posted on these forums before so I don't know the process.  Does a Logos employee review the posts?   Is mis-information corrected by them? 

I had been thinking about what I could do with my Logos library if I died.  I'm not sure my daughter would want it, but I know a young godly man who has the Logos library, but not all the resources I have so I thought I just might transfer the entire collection to him.  I wasn't sure if Logos could be transferred, but according to the posts it can be transferred.  Correct?

In Super Tramp's Post (Today 11:47 AM), you made the statement that tne "Resource media is not necessarily going to be perpetually available on Logos servers."   While it may change in the future, doesn't the design of Logos 4 require the resources to be on their servers so updates can be automatically downloaded and compared?  I know if I highlight text in a resource on my computer, it appears that way on my iPhone. 

Thanks.  I probably broke some etiquette rule on the lenght of this post.  Sorry

Posts 15805
Forum MVP
Keep Smiling 4 Jesus :) | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Mar 16 2012 5:20 PM

Charles Cope:
I haven't posted on these forums before so I don't know the process.  Does a Logos employee review the posts?   Is mis-information corrected by them? 

Logos has some forum guidelines => Forum Guidelines that include option by Logos users to report abuse, which is reviewed by Logos.  Egregrious guideline violations are deleted.  Thankful for many friendly forum discussions about using Logos Bible Software and Logos resources; have learned a lot plus have a lot to learn.

Charles Cope:
I had been thinking about what I could do with my Logos library if I died.  I'm not sure my daughter would want it, but I know a young godly man who has the Logos library, but not all the resources I have so I thought I just might transfer the entire collection to him.  I wasn't sure if Logos could be transferred, but according to the posts it can be transferred.  Correct?

Logos resources can be transferred; Logos charges $ 20 for each transfer.

Charles Cope:
While it may change in the future, doesn't the design of Logos 4 require the resources to be on their servers so updates can be automatically downloaded and compared?

Concur current design of Logos apps need resources available for download.

Charles Cope:
I probably broke some etiquette rule on the lenght of this post. 

Length of replies varies based on content relevant to discussion; shorter replies are quicker to read and easier for replies.

Keep Smiling Smile

Posts 8967
RIP
Matthew C Jones | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Mar 16 2012 5:23 PM

Charles Cope:
Thanks.  I probably broke some etiquette rule on the lenght of this post.  Sorry

Welcome to the forums Charles Cope! Smile Your post is well written and to the point. Some people write whole essays in one post. Surprise

Charles Cope:
In Super Tramp's Post (Today 11:47 AM), you made the statement that tne "Resource media is not necessarily going to be perpetually available on Logos servers."   While it may change in the future, doesn't the design of Logos 4 require the resources to be on their servers so updates can be automatically downloaded and compared?

This is a very good question. Please allow me to clarify what I am saying. You are very correct in your understanding on how Logos 4 works. As long as the user is on-board with Logos 4 they should experience no problems with resources and licenses syncing. I was referring to the whole history of the Logos company. Some users have been with Logos since the beginning. They have resource licenses that date back to Logos 1.6, Logos 2.0, Libronix 3.0, and possibly others. Although we never lose the license we have already purchased there are times when a resource does not continue being marketed as the software matures. An example would be The Bill Bright Library published in Libronix format by eNelson. I keep the media disc for this resource, along with the install codes "just in case"..... I have had several of those cases where the only way to re-install my old resources is to use the media discs.  That is all I meant. I hope I did not cloud the issue. God bless your studies.

Logos 7 Collectors Edition

Page 2 of 2 (24 items) < Previous 1 2 | RSS