Princeton Theological Review (443 issues) - initial price too high

Page 8 of 8 (151 items) « First ... < Previous 4 5 6 7 8
This post has 150 Replies | 3 Followers

Posts 2964
tom | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Aug 18 2013 3:43 AM

Evan Boardman:
You must know how it irks me everytime you use this material as outdated. As if spiritual matters are better if they are newer.
For me, there is a difference between academic resources and spiritual resources.  Princeton is academic, and these resources for academic purposes is clearly outdated. 

Posts 737
Evan Boardman | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Aug 18 2013 4:31 AM

tom:

Evan Boardman:
You must know how it irks me everytime you use this material as outdated. As if spiritual matters are better if they are newer.
For me, there is a difference between academic resources and spiritual resources.  Princeton is academic, and these resources for academic purposes is clearly outdated. 

Yes the nature is academic, but not the subject. The primary resource's these men use is scripture.Does scripture become dated?

Posts 8637
Forum MVP
Bruce Dunning | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Aug 18 2013 4:32 AM

tom:

Evan Boardman:

Even if you use this argument surely there is a lot of overlap between academic and spiritual resources.

Using adventure and community to challenge young people to continually say "yes" to God

Posts 8891
fgh | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Aug 18 2013 12:27 PM

Evan Boardman:
The primary resource's these men use is scripture.Does scripture become dated?

No, but some biblical scholarship does. The 'Holy Ghost Greek' theory is pretty outdated by now, for example, and I would hope we all consider the more or less open anti-semitism in many older works to be very outdated. (No idea to what extent these are present in this resource. Just using them as examples.)

"The Christian way of life isn't so much an assignment to be performed, as a gift to be received."  Wilfrid Stinissen

Mac Pro OS 10.9.

Posts 525
Kent | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Aug 18 2013 12:56 PM

5 months, 143 comments and still at 20%. This will take years to get into development.

Posts 737
Evan Boardman | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Aug 18 2013 2:13 PM

fgh:
The 'Holy Ghost Greek' theory is pretty outdated by now

This is a good example of something being outdated. But I know nothing in this collection that could be compared to it or be called outdated.

Posts 72
papa_gowgow | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Aug 18 2013 2:19 PM

Evan Boardman:

fgh:
The 'Holy Ghost Greek' theory is pretty outdated by now

This is a good example of something being outdated. But I know nothing in this collection that could be compared to it or be called outdated.

Agreed, and when you consider the 'anti-semitic' position of generations past I can think of no greater response than George Santayana:

"Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it."

But that doesn't answer the main question, which is how valuable are these resources to each one of us personally. I'm prepared to raise again, but I respect those for whose blood it's getting too rich... Smile

Posts 186
Robert G. Mettler | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Apr 5 2014 10:36 AM

papa_gowgow:

Evan Boardman:

I know nothing in this collection that could be compared to it or be called outdated.

Agreed,

But that doesn't answer the main question, which is how valuable are these resources to each one of us personally. -------- but I respect those for whose blood it's getting too rich... Smile

Because I have given up hope of this coming out of Community Pricing:

Here is a file that links to all of the Princeton Theological Review articles at Princeton Theological Seminary. You can do a general  text search on the resource to find topical articles of interest. The articles will open in your browser when you are online and click on them. Compile it as a Journal PB. . Not perfect, but it works.

2475.Journals of Princeton Theological Seminary.docx

Enjoy,

Robert

Posts 3620
Floyd Johnson | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Apr 5 2014 11:16 AM

Robert G. Mettler:

Here is a file that links to all of the Princeton Theological Review articles at Princeton Theological Seminary. You can do a general  text search on the resource to find topical articles of interest. The articles will open in your browser when you are online and click on them. Compile it as a Journal PB. . Not perfect, but it works.

2475.Journals of Princeton Theological Seminary.docx  

Thanks for the file - it compiles nicely with no errors.  The few links I tried worked without a problem.  Might be a bit out of quorum guidelines to publish something (publically) already being offered by LOGOS; but given the circumstances, it will probably be allowed. 

Blessings,
Floyd

Pastor-Patrick.blogspot.com

Posts 23
Dave Sloma | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Apr 5 2014 6:00 PM

Thanks Robert.  Works great.

Posts 3936
abondservant | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Apr 6 2014 10:21 PM

Thanks!

Maybe Mark can make a scraper program to download the full text of the journals... 

(downloading this title did not affect my bid on the CP edition)

L2 lvl4, L3 Scholars, L4 Scholars, L5 Platinum,  L6 Collectors. L7 Baptist Portfolio. L8 Baptist Platinum.

Page 8 of 8 (151 items) « First ... < Previous 4 5 6 7 8 | RSS