Page 1 of 1 (7 items)
This post has 6 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 54
Mitch Davis | Forum Activity | Posted: Sat, Aug 1 2009 8:10 PM

I have noticed that the Passage Guide does not scroll properly with my Bible text verse-by-verse. As an example I was working on Romans 8:19 and had the Passage Guide linked accordingly. When I moved on to verse 20 the Passage Guide updated to Romans 8:1-25...thus commentaries would start with Rom. 8:1 (rather than v. 20).

Any fixes?

Mitch

Posts 27856
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Aug 1 2009 8:44 PM

Mitch Davis:
I have noticed that the Passage Guide does not scroll properly with my Bible text verse-by-verse.

That is by design as PG works with pericopes. Go to Bible Tools Options and select Pericope Sets. You can choose a preferred set but the only hope you have is to deselect ALL the sets!

Dave
===

Windows 11 & Android 8

Posts 8
Roger Pitot | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Aug 2 2009 2:42 AM

Doesn't work for me! I deleted all the pericope sets, and the PG then defaults to the entire chapter instead of the particular verse. So if I go to James 1:8, I get a PG for the whole chapter. This renders the scrolling feature of the PG pretty useless.

Roger

Posts 27856
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Aug 2 2009 2:50 AM

RogerPitot:
I deleted all the pericope sets, and the PG then defaults to the entire chapter

Sorry about that - I had only thought it was a possible solution.

Dave
===

Windows 11 & Android 8

Posts 4508
Robert Pavich | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Aug 3 2009 7:31 AM

I have to say that I've found this to be irritating also. I'd like it if the PG stayed verse/verse with the linked bible.

Robert Pavich

For help go to the Wiki: http://wiki.logos.com/Table_of_Contents__

Posts 2745
Bohuslav Wojnar | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Aug 3 2009 10:18 AM

Robert Pavich:

I have to say that I've found this to be irritating also. I'd like it if the PG stayed verse/verse with the linked bible.

It looks to me logical that PG is linked to pericopes since commentaries usually work also with the pericopes. I never found it irritating. Frankly, I haven't even noticed that. But I agree it should have a verse option and pericope option.

Edited:  It looks to work verse by verse if you do not link it with the Bible and scroll, but input the verse in the PG directly or from the Home Page.

Bohuslav

Posts 35558
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Aug 3 2009 1:33 PM

I rarely work with chapters or verses - only with pericopes.  I'd like to be able to select pericopes by lectionary rather than by translation.

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Page 1 of 1 (7 items) | RSS