Searching for images

Page 1 of 1 (12 items)
This post has 11 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 146
Ross Strader | Forum Activity | Posted: Fri, Nov 13 2009 1:03 PM

How do I go about searching my library for an image...

For example, I am trying to search for images related to the either: 1)Wisdom literature; 2)Psalms; or 3)David

I have tried typing in the command bar: "search image:david" and it produced no image results

Any ideas?

Thanks,
Ross 

MacBook Pro 15' Retina  •  2.7 GHz Intel Core i7  •  16 GB 1600 MHz DDR3  •  Version 10.10

Posts 9474
Forum MVP
Mark Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Nov 13 2009 1:15 PM

Logos 4 makes this much easier than 3.0. The most complete way to do this is to create a collection with all your primary image resources. This will vary from person to person, but one way to discover what you have is in the Library. Select the Library view that lists your resources without the pictures. Then left click on the word 'Type' that you'll find heading one of the columns. You should then see a listing called 'Media Collection'. Click on that and you will see what you have that is specifically organized as images.

To create the collection open the collections panel (Tools|Collections) and give this new collection a title. Then type 'type:Media' (without the single quotes marks) in the 'start with' box. That will bring all those resources into your collection.

Now click on the search icon (the magnifying glass), select basic search, then specify the collection you just created and enter the search term (David, for instance) and runt eh search.

You can also use the tool called "Biblical Things". Open that and type a search term. You'll get a drop-down list of images available through that tool. This is not as comprehensive a tool for searching, so the first approach is probably your best.

Pastor, North Park Baptist Church

Bridgeport, CT USA

Posts 3810
spitzerpl | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Nov 13 2009 1:17 PM

type this in a basic search.

#image david

Posts 127
Darren Paul Wright | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Nov 13 2009 2:32 PM

I have added this to http://wiki.logos.com/Basic_Search

User Interface Designer - Logos Bible Software

Posts 726
Chris Elford | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Nov 13 2009 2:35 PM

Philip Spitzer:

type this in a basic search.

#image david

Phil,

Is the # used elsewhere?

Chris

Posts 3810
spitzerpl | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Nov 13 2009 3:22 PM

Chris Elford:

Phil,

Is the # used elsewhere?

Chris

Not that I know of, but I could think of lots of uses.

Posts 285
David Gullick | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Nov 13 2009 3:27 PM

Yeah, its the crash logos command in the help file   Confused

Logos Platinum

Windows 7 - 64 Bit
Lenovo laptop E520 i7-2640M, 2.8GHz 8G Ram, 2G Graphics

Australia

Posts 146
Ross Strader | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Nov 13 2009 3:29 PM

It also seems that I have seen the "@" sign used in search commands as well...

LOGOS: is there a way to show the different search options that are available? For instance, I now can utilize the "#image" - but I have no idea how "#" is functioning. Are there other intuitive uses of these kinds of symbols?

Thanks,

Ross

MacBook Pro 15' Retina  •  2.7 GHz Intel Core i7  •  16 GB 1600 MHz DDR3  •  Version 10.10

Posts 3810
spitzerpl | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Nov 13 2009 3:39 PM

RossStrader:
It also seems that I have seen the "@" sign used in search commands as well...

thats true. In Morph searches. it usually follows a Greek word it starts the section where you define the morphology of your search. It is also used in visual filtering. To this you can add g: which starts a greek word and h: which starts a Hebrew.

Posts 1717
LogosEmployee
Bob Pritchett | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Nov 16 2009 8:29 PM

RossStrader:
LOGOS: is there a way to show the different search options that are available? For instance, I now can utilize the "#image" - but I have no idea how "#" is functioning. Are there other intuitive uses of these kinds of symbols?

I believe "#image" is the only special token presently in use. It acts as a "word" that represents an image. So you can even do 

#image NEAR altar

or (for the limited, but growing, number of resources with titles, captions, and keywords attached to images)

#image ANDEQUALS altar

Posts 146
Ross Strader | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Nov 16 2009 9:12 PM

Thanks Bob,

This is an outstanding feature in Logos. I utilized it today teaching Old Testament History. I was able to very simply search for images related to the Wisdom literature and the pictures available were right on point. 

Thank you for including this in the design. 

Posts 36
Maria V.Garrido | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Sep 6 2012 10:24 AM

And for "fast fingers" like myself, make sure it is #image (singular) and not #images (plural). I simply could not figure out why I was not getting any image(s).  If only I would learn to type. Stick out tongue

Page 1 of 1 (12 items) | RSS