Update Errors,

Page 1 of 1 (11 items)
This post has 10 Replies | 2 Followers

Posts 1
Richard Webb | Forum Activity | Posted: Fri, Nov 13 2009 3:08 PM

Several of us on another forum, when loading up Logos 4, are getting this message:

"Updates for Logos Bible Software 4 are ready to be installed. Click OK to install them now." However, when we click OK, we get this second message: "An error occurred while extracting the archive. Please try again later."

I've noted that we've all tried several times now (after restarting the computer) but the same thing always occurs.

Can you help us out?

Super thanks!

Richard Webb

West Des Moines, IA

Posts 2793
J.R. Miller | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Nov 13 2009 3:26 PM

What version of Logos do you currently have installed?  

What are you running it on?

My Books in Logos & FREE Training

Posts 20
Paul | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Nov 13 2009 3:48 PM

I had the same issue on both my laptop and desktop for several days. It was stuck on SR-3 even after running update now. For some unexplained reason, when I opened L4 on each this morning, they updated to SR-6. I know of nothing that I did to fix the problem. Sorry I'm not more help, but I can empathize with you.

Paul

Posts 2793
J.R. Miller | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Nov 13 2009 4:09 PM

Paul and Richard, if you are discussing the L4windows version, it would help reduce confusion if you posted in the proper forum. this is the form for L4mac which is currently in Alpha.

Thanks and hope you get it working well.

Posts 1956
Donovan R. Palmer | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Nov 13 2009 7:06 PM

Joe Miller:
this is the form for L4mac which is currently in Alpha.

Their question is about Logos v4-Alpha.  Richard had posted his question over in the Logos v1, but I suggested that he post it in this forum as he might get a faster response. http://community.logos.com/forums/t/4687.aspx

Posts 2793
J.R. Miller | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Nov 13 2009 7:27 PM

Okay, that is why I asked for clarification in my first post, but when Paul started to post about SR updates, that bit only applies to the L4windows version.  

Sorry Richard, I was actually kind of hoping you had a L4windwos questions, because there are probably answers for that.  I don't know any for your questions except post a log and hopefully the techs can find and fix a bug.  

Maybe someone else knows a temporary workaround though.

Posts 1
Richard Webb | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Nov 15 2009 3:53 PM

No problem. I found the address for the most recent update, downloaded it and ran it. I'm able to run Logos4Alpha now and it looks like I'm getting everything I'm supposed to.

Thanks!

Richard

Posts 14
John F. Maddocks | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Nov 16 2009 12:55 PM

What’s the address?

Posts 2793
J.R. Miller | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Nov 16 2009 3:03 PM

John, look at the very first post in the "Logos 4 Mac" forum.  the post is titled "FAQ".

Posts 14
John F. Maddocks | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Nov 16 2009 4:39 PM

Thanks very much Joe. That fixed the problem!

Posts 2793
J.R. Miller | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Nov 16 2009 5:25 PM

That is good news brother John :-)

Page 1 of 1 (11 items) | RSS