F11 Reading View not working

Page 1 of 1 (12 items)
This post has 11 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 3308
Whyndell Grizzard | Forum Activity | Posted: Sat, Nov 14 2009 6:36 AM

Ok I have used it many times- but now F11 does not open or close "reading view" on either of my machines, anyone else with this issue?

Posts 687
Jon | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Nov 14 2009 6:39 AM

Very odd... some keyboards have a button that changes the function keys from F1-F12 to a secondary set of preset functions... On mine it's a red FN button between Ctrl and Alt... haven't pressed anything like that?

Posts 3308
Whyndell Grizzard | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Nov 14 2009 6:56 AM

Nope and I double checked to make sure I wasn't hitting it in error.

It has ceased to work on either of my machines Hmm

Posts 235
Tom Geswein | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Nov 14 2009 7:08 PM

Do you have an F-lock key on your keyboard?  Sometimes I accidentally hit mine and turn it off, but I doubt that is your problem if it is occuring on two machines.  Just thought I would mention it, just in case...

"It seems our problems solve themselves when we look beyond us to those truly in hell."  -  Beyond Our Suffering - AILD

Posts 139
Sean Boisen | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Nov 14 2009 10:44 PM

Both Firefox and IE use F11 for their Full Screen mode: can you double-check with one of those programs and see if F11 does what it's supposed to there? If Firefox listens to F11 and Logos doesn't, that would be strange indeed ...

Posts 3308
Whyndell Grizzard | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Nov 15 2009 4:31 AM

I have not been able to use F11 in IE either- I was using this before with no problem til SR6.

Were there some type of changes made, that could have effected F11?

Posts 3810
spitzerpl | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Nov 15 2009 4:36 AM

two questions:

Are you on a laptop or a desktop?

What model of keyboard are you using? (if you are using a keyboard other then a laptop keyboard, flip it over and the model should be on there)

Posts 3308
Whyndell Grizzard | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Nov 15 2009 4:44 AM

Laptop using an external keyboard- Microsoft KB0168/ WBR0168 series

its a wireless multimedia keyboard

Posts 3810
spitzerpl | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Nov 15 2009 5:58 AM

Whyndell Grizzard:
using an external keyboard- Microsoft KB0168/ WBR0168 series

ahhh...thought so I had a microsoft keyboard and hated this feature. They are designed to switch between different functions of the F keys.

try hitting this button (assuming I have the right keyboard). It's either this one or one of the two to its left.

Posts 3308
Whyndell Grizzard | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Nov 15 2009 6:13 AM

Well I really feel dumb- its was in plain sight all the time- good thing I wear snake boots!Tongue Tied

Posts 3810
spitzerpl | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Nov 15 2009 6:29 AM

Whyndell Grizzard:

Well I really feel dumb- its was in plain sight all the time- good thing I wear snake boots!Tongue Tied

Don't feel dumb. That little button was a thorn in my flesh every time I used my keyboard :-)

Posts 235
Tom Geswein | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Nov 15 2009 6:18 PM

Tom Geswein:

Do you have an F-lock key on your keyboard? 

That's called an F-lock on my Microsoft keyboard...

"It seems our problems solve themselves when we look beyond us to those truly in hell."  -  Beyond Our Suffering - AILD

Page 1 of 1 (12 items) | RSS