Pink's Sovereignty of God

Page 1 of 1 (17 items)
This post has 16 Replies | 6 Followers

Posts 1035
Mike Pettit | Forum Activity | Posted: Sat, Nov 14 2009 8:27 AM

Being a big fan of A W Pink I took the opportunity to upgrade to the platinum edition containing Pink's collection, but to my surprise it does not appear to contain contain his best known work "The Sovereignty of God".

Am I missing soemthing here, and is there a reason that Logos does not appear to publish this non copyrighted work? I would have thought that it would sell like hot cakes.

Posts 4508
Robert Pavich | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Nov 14 2009 8:31 AM

Good Q...I'd also like it in Logos format

Robert Pavich

For help go to the Wiki: http://wiki.logos.com/Table_of_Contents__

Posts 6
Jim L | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Nov 14 2009 8:36 AM

I have the Pink collection from Logos which includes 40 resources, one of which is "Objections To God's sovereignty Answered".

Is this what you are asking about?

Posts 4508
Robert Pavich | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Nov 14 2009 8:48 AM

James,

I don't think so...the books title is "The Sovereignty of God"

Robert Pavich

Posts 5636
Todd Phillips | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Nov 14 2009 9:07 AM

MikePettit:

Being a big fan of A W Pink I took the opportunity to upgrade to the platinum edition containing Pink's collection, but to my surprise it does not appear to contain contain his best known work "The Sovereignty of God".

Am I missing soemthing here, and is there a reason that Logos does not appear to publish this non copyrighted work? I would have thought that it would sell like hot cakes.

I believe Logos perhaps made an error.  The product description has people talking about how "The Sovereignty of God" affected them, and yet it is not in the set?  There is a section in the Anthology, called "The Sovereignty of God", and I thought from the product page description that it include the entire book.  I was wrong.  The Anthology contains excepts from several publications including "The Sovereignty of God', but not the whole book.

What about it Logos?  Add it in please?

Wiki Links: Enabling Logging / Detailed Search Help - MacBook Pro (2014), ThinkPad E570

Posts 3
Robert Brown | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Nov 15 2009 12:20 PM

I have this complete volume in Logos which was from the now discontinued "E4 Bible Study Library Volume 3".

Web archive link:

http://tinyurl.com/yzkklj9

Posts 258
Aaron Sauer | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, May 26 2010 1:22 PM

Todd Phillips:

I believe Logos perhaps made an error.  The product description has people talking about how "The Sovereignty of God" affected them, and yet it is not in the set?  There is a section in the Anthology, called "The Sovereignty of God", and I thought from the product page description that it include the entire book.  I was wrong.  The Anthology contains excepts from several publications including "The Sovereignty of God', but not the whole book.

What about it Logos?  Add it in please?

I just discovered this issue myself and would like it included as well.

Posts 5636
Todd Phillips | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, May 26 2010 1:34 PM

Aaron Sauer:

I just discovered this issue myself and would like it included as well.

Thanks for bumping this.  I've been considering doing it myself.

Wiki Links: Enabling Logging / Detailed Search Help - MacBook Pro (2014), ThinkPad E570

Posts 1674
Paul Golder | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, May 26 2010 1:59 PM

We use to have it in PBB.

"As any translator will attest, a literal translation is no translation at all."

Posts 2793
J.R. Miller | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, May 26 2010 2:17 PM

I have a Pink related question.  Some of the old E4 resources (no longer sold) had some of Pink's works.  They were horribly tagged.  However, one of those books had an intro by J.I. Packer.  Does anyone have access to these editions and can you tell me which book it is with an intro by Packer?

My Books in Logos & FREE Training

Posts 159
David Matthew | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, May 27 2010 12:31 AM

Ah, Jim Packer! When I was a student at Bristol Uni, UK (1959-62) Jim Packer was a regular speaker at our Christian Union meetings. We used to call him Jam Picker. It was always good stuff.

Posts 6
Jazanias Oliveira | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, May 29 2010 10:02 AM

I just discovered this issue myself and would like it included as well. [2]

People, beware of fake editions, like the one from Banner of Truth Trust. Here is why: http://www.prca.org/pamphlets/pamphlet_106.pdf.

Posts 4508
Robert Pavich | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, May 30 2010 1:53 AM

Jazanias de A. Oliveira:
People, beware of fake editions, like the one from Banner of Truth Trust. Here is why: http://www.prca.org/pamphlets/pamphlet_106.pdf.

While I'm hoping that nobody is suggesting that A.W. Pink became a "middle of the roader" between Calvinism and Arminianism, or that he decided that Arminian free will was also true, I'm shocked that so much is left out of the banner edition....

Robert Pavich

Posts 493
Michael Anda | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Oct 21 2011 9:12 PM

Just starting to read the Pink Collection and was, too, surprised by the absence of The Sovereignty of God AND The Attributes of God.  These are two titles mentioned by Pink devotees as starting points for sampling his writings.

Posts 1035
Mike Pettit | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Oct 22 2011 2:46 AM

Michael Anda:

Just starting to read the Pink Collection and was, too, surprised by the absence of The Sovereignty of God AND The Attributes of God.  These are two titles mentioned by Pink devotees as starting points for sampling his writings.

Especially as they could be community priced as no one has copyright claims to his works

Posts 1674
Paul Golder | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Oct 22 2011 6:33 AM

Anyone have some time today to "docx" it?

3326.sovereignty.txt

"As any translator will attest, a literal translation is no translation at all."

Posts 550
Shawn Drewett | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Oct 22 2011 7:10 AM

Joe I have all the old E4 Pink resources (I have 41 Pink titles in all) and doing a search for the word Packer brings no results.

Page 1 of 1 (17 items) | RSS