Page 1 of 1 (10 items)
This post has 9 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 33
Mike Melloy | Forum Activity | Posted: Sun, Aug 2 2009 5:56 PM
I have noticed in a couple of places (cursor over Bible text in NASB for example) that instead of hebrew characters I get the transliteration. Is there somewhere to change that as an option? Other places (like the ESV Interlinear) work fine. Thanks!
Posts 5637
Todd Phillips | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Aug 3 2009 12:35 PM

In the "Bible Tools Options" window (Tools->Options->Bible Tools...), under the Ancient Languages tab, there are "Transliterate" checkboxes under each of the sections.  Is the one under Hebrew checked for you?

Not sure why you would get different results in different resources, though.  Is it bringing up the same resource in the pop-up for both NASB and ESV? I would think that it's using the same Strongs Number from both of those and should have the same keylink.

EDIT: I just noticed this was posted in the Mac forum.  My instructions were for the Windows version.

Wiki Links: Enabling Logging / Detailed Search Help - MacBook Pro (2014), ThinkPad E570

Posts 154
Ross Strader | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Aug 3 2009 1:11 PM

In the Hebrew exegetical guide on the Mac version I get the transliteration... I don't know how to get the Hebrew text there.

MacBook Pro 15' Retina  •  2.7 GHz Intel Core i7  •  16 GB 1600 MHz DDR3  •  Version 10.10

Posts 33
Mike Melloy | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Aug 3 2009 4:17 PM

I noticed that I get the transliteration there as well after my initial post. I don't think it did this before 1.2, but I can't remember for sure.

Still looking for a setting somewhere...

I checked under tools, but the configuration options aren't there.

Thanks, Mike.

Posts 15
Br. David | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Aug 4 2009 8:13 AM

I'm having this problem too. I just discovered the new training videos on macbiblesoftware.com and was following along. I noticed that in the video, the Hebrew appears on a Bible Word Study, but on my computer it doesn't. I have the Greek text, just not the Hebrew text. I know that this was not so in previous versions. So... if anyone has a clue as to how to make the Hebrew come, I would greatly appreciate it too!

Posts 18
Matthew Owen | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Aug 13 2009 8:39 AM

I'm having the same problem - Greek appears fine but Hebrew is transliterated. I called support about this last week and they told me it was a conflict with Safari. I thought the recent update was going to fix it but apparently it did not.

Posts 31
Justin Kooy | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Aug 13 2009 9:40 AM

RossStrader:
In the Hebrew exegetical guide on the Mac version I get the transliteration... I don't know how to get the Hebrew text there.

From what I understand (I'm no Hebrew expert) there was a bug in the Hebrew text on the Exegetical Guide that could not be fixed before 1.2 was release so rather than having broken Hebrew it was transliterated.

Justin K.

Logos Ministry Development

360-685-4441

Posts 10888
Forum MVP
Jack Caviness | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Aug 13 2009 3:08 PM

Justin Kooy:

RossStrader:
In the Hebrew exegetical guide on the Mac version I get the transliteration... I don't know how to get the Hebrew text there.

From what I understand (I'm no Hebrew expert) there was a bug in the Hebrew text on the Exegetical Guide that could not be fixed before 1.2 was release so rather than having broken Hebrew it was transliterated.

I have installed 1.2, and my text is still transliterated.

Jack

Posts 33
Mike Melloy | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Aug 13 2009 4:25 PM

The Hebrew text was there in 1.0 and 1.1. I think what Justin is saying is that a bug was discovered with the Hebrew text in 1.2 before it was released. Instead of holding up the release, they put in the transliteration.

I can certainly live with the transliteration for a little while. Having Bible Speed Search more than makes up for the inconvenience!

Posts 26
tab | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Aug 14 2009 11:18 AM

Mike Melloy:

The Hebrew text was there in 1.0 and 1.1. I think what Justin is saying is that a bug was discovered with the Hebrew text in 1.2 before it was released. Instead of holding up the release, they put in the transliteration.

I can certainly live with the transliteration for a little while. Having Bible Speed Search more than makes up for the inconvenience!

To Clarify:

It was actually a bug in 1.0-1.1.1. The vowels were not displaying correctly in the reports so for now it is translitterated.

Page 1 of 1 (10 items) | RSS