Complete Spurgeon Sermon Collection - $50

Page 1 of 1 (20 items)
This post has 19 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 29461
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Posted: Fri, Apr 13 2012 12:21 PM

The complete Spurgeon Sermon Collection can be had for $50 (or less)… but only if you bid! This collection was previously in Logos, but was created by a third party and didn't live up to Logos standards, so they will be redoing it! Feel free to bid as much as you feel the collection is worth to you, and what your budget will allow. Here is how you can "win" your bid:

Kent Hendricks:
 If enough people select the same price as you to cover product costs, you’ll get it for your price. A higher selected price means fewer people are needed to put the project into production. 

I will remind you too, that a bid does not commit you to a purchase. You should only bid, of course, if you are interested in the resource, but you are able to pull out at anytime before the resource ships. It is too late if you wait - you must bid before the resource "crosses the line" into production. If you know anyone who might be interested in this resource, encourage them to bid. 

http://www.logos.com/product/18436/the-complete-spurgeon-sermon-collection

macOS, iOS & iPadOS | Logs |  Install

Posts 704
ChelseaFC | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Apr 13 2012 12:26 PM

It''s too bad we can't start from scratch with the bidding, because the previous starting bids were $75 and now it's lower. Therefore maybe more seriously interested parties bid at $75. So it may take a bit longer to get out of CP. $50 would be a good price for my budget though.  Smile  Thanks for the post.

Cheers.

Chelsea FC- Today is a good day!

Posts 29461
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Apr 13 2012 12:37 PM

I know that others disagree with me and that is ok, but every $75 bid is also a $50 bid. No one should feel discouraged by the peak at $75, just encourage more people to bid at $50. You've got nothing to lose Smile

Posts 1674
Paul Golder | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Apr 13 2012 12:51 PM

alabama24:
The complete Spurgeon Sermon Collection can be had for $50 (or less)…

I have bid every so slightly more than $75.00 Wink

"As any translator will attest, a literal translation is no translation at all."

Posts 29461
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Apr 13 2012 12:57 PM

Thanks for the catch Paul. I fixed it Smile

Posts 3742
BillS | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Apr 13 2012 1:05 PM

alabama24:

In for $50....

Grace & Peace,
Bill

MSI GF63 8RD, I-7 8850H, 32GB RAM, 1TB SSD, 2TB HDD, NVIDIA GTX 1050Max
iPhone 12 Pro Max 512Gb
Fire 10HD 64GB 7th Gen

Posts 2883
Mike Childs | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Apr 15 2012 5:50 PM

Fifty dollars would be a fantastic price!  I paid twice that for the old Ages Logos version years ago.  Anyone without Spurgeon would be foolish not jump on this opportunity.

I understood that those of us who have Sprugeon's Sermons in Logos will automaticly be upgraded to this edition.  Is that correct?  Is there any difference other than more accurate texts with less typos, etc.? 

In other words, is there any point in me bidding for this since I already have Spurgeon's Sermons?

"In all cases, the Church is to be judged by the Scripture, not the Scripture by the Church," John Wesley

Posts 1680
Jerry M | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Apr 15 2012 6:07 PM

Michael Childs:

Fifty dollars would be a fantastic price!  I paid twice that for the old Ages Logos version years ago.  Anyone without Spurgeon would be foolish not jump on this opportunity.

I understood that those of us who have Sprugeon's Sermons in Logos will automaticly be upgraded to this edition.  Is that correct?  Is there any difference other than more accurate texts with less typos, etc.? 

In other words, is there any point in me bidding for this since I already have Spurgeon's Sermons?

No, you do not need to bid. That info is on the community pricing page.  It was about a hundred dollars recently too, before they removed it.  This is a great opportunity for those who do not already own it.

"For the kingdom of God does not consist in words but in power"      Wiki Table of Contents

Posts 8129
DAL | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Apr 15 2012 6:16 PM

Is this the same product that's being redone? My Sermon Notes <~~ This covers the entire Bible also.  Just wondering...

DAL

Posts 29461
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Apr 15 2012 6:29 PM

DAL:

Is this the same product that's being redone? My Sermon Notes <~~ This covers the entire Bible also.  Just wondering...

DAL

No. It's the actual sermons. Visit the community pricing page for more info.

Posts 8129
DAL | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Apr 15 2012 6:32 PM

alabama24:

DAL:

DAL

No. It's the actual sermons. Visit the community pricing page for more info.

Thanks for the quick reply.  Bid has been placed!

DAL

Posts 521
Russ White | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Apr 16 2012 6:30 AM

I have a 63 volume of Spurgeon's Sermons from Ages software. I was wondering if anyone knows what the difference is between what they are selling on prepub vs what's already available...

@book{Spurgeon,-3467,
author = {Spurgeon, Charles H.},
title = {Spurgeon’s Sermons: Volume 1},
publisher = {Ages Software},
address = {Albany, OR},
year = {1998},
edition = {electronic ed.},
}

Anyone have any idea? Would this just be different tagging, etc? It might be worth picking this up for better tagging, but then I have to get rid of the older set --always a painful process.

Thoughts?

Russ

Posts 743
Scott E. Mahle | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Apr 16 2012 6:35 AM

It will simply come through as an update for you, Russ. You will not need to purchase it. Smile

Logos Series X Pastor’s Library | Logos 3 Leader’s Library | 4 Portfolio | 5 Platinum | 6 Feature Crossgrade | 7 Essential | 8 M & W Platinum and Academic Professional | 9 Academic Professional and Messianic Jewish Diamond

Posts 50
JAIN THOMAS | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Apr 16 2012 6:39 AM

Now I have brought down the bid to $50

Posts 2836
Forum MVP
Ted Hans | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Apr 16 2012 6:42 AM

Scott E. Mahle:
It will simply come through as an update for you, Russ. You will not need to purchase it. Smile

Only if it's the Logos libronix / Ages edition. If it's the Ages pdf edition, then no joy. Just clarifying, I am sure that is what you meant.

Dell, studio XPS 7100, Ram 8GB, 64 - bit Operating System, AMD Phenom(mt) IIX6 1055T Processor 2.80 GHZ

Posts 743
Scott E. Mahle | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Apr 16 2012 6:51 AM

Ted Hans:

Scott E. Mahle:

Only if it's the Logos libronix / Ages edition. If it's the Ages pdf edition, then no joy. Just clarifying, I am sure that is what you meant.

Thanks, Ted. I forgot about the PDF’s. Yes

Logos Series X Pastor’s Library | Logos 3 Leader’s Library | 4 Portfolio | 5 Platinum | 6 Feature Crossgrade | 7 Essential | 8 M & W Platinum and Academic Professional | 9 Academic Professional and Messianic Jewish Diamond

Posts 902
Brother Mark | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Apr 23 2012 10:47 AM

Spurgeon's massive collection of over 3.5k sermons is over 60% of the way to achieving production costs at $75.  Fully indexed and cross referenced!  What a peach!!  

I feel sure that you wanted a gentle reminder to bid so that we can get it into production... and hopefully at $50 Vs. $75.

"I read dead people..."

Posts 15805
Forum MVP
Keep Smiling 4 Jesus :) | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Apr 23 2012 4:35 PM

Brother Mark:
Spurgeon's massive collection of over 3.5k sermons is over 60% of the way to achieving production costs at $75.  Fully indexed and cross referenced!  What a peach!!  

Considering 60 % progress, wonder if Logos could change bid increment to a smaller value ?

Keep Smiling Smile

Posts 9481
Forum MVP
Mark Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Apr 23 2012 5:31 PM

Keep Smiling 4 Jesus :):
Considering 60 % progress, wonder if Logos could change bid increment to a smaller value ?

That would help. In fact that is needed for all CP's with large bidding steps once they get down under $100. I hope someone at Logos will make the change.

This is a very worthwhile collection for $75, much more so for even less!

Pastor, North Park Baptist Church

Bridgeport, CT USA

Posts 79
David Hilty | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Apr 25 2012 6:19 PM

I had bid $75 but just changed my bid to $50. Hopefully we can get a bunch more $50 bids and knock the price down a bit. Although if the $75 bids start getting close to 100% I might have to change my bid back to $75. 

Page 1 of 1 (20 items) | RSS