Logos 4 Commands List

Page 1 of 1 (11 items)
This post has 10 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 3771
Francis | Forum Activity | Posted: Sat, Nov 14 2009 10:47 AM

The useful and growing list that can be consulted and added to is found at http://wiki.logos.com/Logos_4_Commands

Note: the location of specific wiki pages can change. If the link above does not work, go to http://wiki.logos.com and click on the View All Pages tab on the left to see the list of the pages and find the one you want.

Blessings,

Francis

Posts 22
Graceman | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Nov 21 2009 12:42 AM

Thanks for this list!!!!

Pastor Chris McFarland

Posts 298
Kaye Anderson | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Nov 21 2009 10:04 AM

I have SO been needing this!!

Thanks,

Kaye

"But you, be sober in all things, endure hardship, do the work of an evangelist, fulfill your ministry."  2 Timothy 4:5 (NASB)

Posts 3810
spitzerpl | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Nov 21 2009 5:35 PM

Can I put in a request for "define"? I know it would be better to start a new thread on this and maybe someday I will. But I would love to be able to put in Define XXXX and it would pull up Webster. Currently I use Word for this, but I would prefer to use Logos.

Posts 3260
LogosEmployee
Phil Gons (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Nov 21 2009 7:00 PM

Philip Spitzer:

Can I put in a request for "define"? I know it would be better to start a new thread on this and maybe someday I will. But I would love to be able to put in Define XXXX and it would pull up Webster. Currently I use Word for this, but I would prefer to use Logos.

That's what the "look up" command does. Does it not do something you want it to?

Posts 10886
Forum MVP
Jack Caviness | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Nov 22 2009 4:45 AM

Phil Gons:
That's what the "look up" command does. Does it not do something you want it to?

Phil

I typed "Look Up" in the command line, but I did not get an opportunity to seek a definition. I got an offer of places to look for the words or to open "America Looks Up". I also would like the ability to find definitions.

Jack

Posts 2246
Damian McGrath | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Nov 22 2009 4:49 AM

Jack,

do you not get this.... which opened the Concise OED in my case

Posts 10886
Forum MVP
Jack Caviness | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Nov 22 2009 5:18 AM

Damian

No, I did not get that result. It does not work whether I type Lookup as a single word of as two words. Do you have any ideas?

You inspired me to make another attempt. I stopped typing too soon. It does not become a lookup command until I begin to type the word whose definition I am seeking. Thank you.

Posts 3771
Francis | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Nov 22 2009 2:12 PM

Forgive me if this question is too obvious, Jack, but do you have an English dictionary resource in L4 such as Webster's or Oxford's?

Posts 1848
Rick | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Nov 22 2009 2:22 PM

Also for what it is worth,

I thought that mine was misbehaving as well. After you type in "lookup", watch the command line as you type each letter. Mine switched from "search for lookup pha" but as I went on the command box switched to "Look up phari" and so forth. It switched back and forth as a suggestion a couple of times before I clicked on "Look Up Pharisee" in the suggestion box.

Just a thought.

Posts 10886
Forum MVP
Jack Caviness | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Nov 23 2009 5:32 AM

Francis:
Forgive me if this question is too obvious, Jack, but do you have an English dictionary resource in L4 such as Webster's or Oxford's?

Perhaps I should have deleted or altered the first paragraph. My first reaction was "this doesn't work," but then I typed Lookup followed by Pharisee. Then, I received the expected result.

Page 1 of 1 (11 items) | RSS