What's the *Official* Pronunciation?

Page 2 of 2 (28 items) < Previous 1 2
This post has 27 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 1472
LogosEmployee
Rick Brannan (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Nov 14 2014 6:35 AM

Bruce Dunning:
I still find it funny that there is no official way to pronounce "Logos" the software.

I think what you'll find is those who do public presentations pronounce with long 'o' on both syllables primarily so that people who only hear them speak will find logos.com without too much effort. Other people just say it how they've always said it.

Otherwise, I think you'll find our perspective on pronunciation fairly inclusive, as the posts/videos Rosie pointed to suggest.

Rick Brannan
Data Wrangler, Faithlife
My books in print

Posts 166
Anthony | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Nov 14 2014 7:30 AM

Rick Brannan (Faithlife):

will find logos.com without too much effort. 

Or find a site with a bunch of commercial logos or business icons/logos. The switch to faithlife will aid that. 

Posts 1875
Alan Macgregor | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Nov 14 2014 8:04 AM

Of course, Λογος (Greek) = Verbum (Latin) = Word (English). That is probably why they lit upon the name Logos, because it was Bible software. Smart! Wink

Ἐν ἀρχῇ ἦν ὁ λόγος = In principio erat verbum = In the beginning was the Word. (John 1.1)

Every blessing

Alan

iMac Retina 5K, 27": 3.6GHz 8-Core Intel Core i9; 16GB RAM;MacOS 10.15.5; 1TB SSD; Logos 8

MacBook Air 13.3": 1.8GHz; 4GB RAM; MacOS 10.13.6; 256GB SSD; Logos 8

iPad Pro 32GB WiFi iOS 13.5.1

iPhone 8+ 64GB iOS 13.5.1

Posts 9821
Forum MVP
Bruce Dunning | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Nov 14 2014 3:41 PM

Rick Brannan (Faithlife):
I think you'll find our perspective on pronunciation fairly inclusive

I'm good with that. I just find myself saying it different ways. Tongue Tied I at least want to be consistent but I guess that doesn't matter.

Using adventure and community to challenge young people to continually say "yes" to God

Posts 9947
George Somsel | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Nov 14 2014 4:37 PM

I think it should be "low goose."  Wink

george
gfsomsel

יְמֵי־שְׁנוֹתֵינוּ בָהֶם שִׁבְעִים שָׁנָה וְאִם בִּגְבוּרֹת שְׁמוֹנִים שָׁנָה וְרָהְבָּם עָמָל וָאָוֶן

Posts 9821
Forum MVP
Bruce Dunning | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Nov 14 2014 4:42 PM

George Somsel:

Will this do? Big Smile

Using adventure and community to challenge young people to continually say "yes" to God

Posts 9947
George Somsel | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Nov 14 2014 4:44 PM

Bruce Dunning:

George Somsel:

Will this do? Big Smile

Perfect !

george
gfsomsel

יְמֵי־שְׁנוֹתֵינוּ בָהֶם שִׁבְעִים שָׁנָה וְאִם בִּגְבוּרֹת שְׁמוֹנִים שָׁנָה וְרָהְבָּם עָמָל וָאָוֶן

Posts 792
James Hiddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Nov 14 2014 6:12 PM

It's legos with the o. Or low goes or law goes or if you have a thick accent law gauss Big Smile

Page 2 of 2 (28 items) < Previous 1 2 | RSS