Opening a Resource

Page 1 of 1 (8 items)
This post has 7 Replies | 2 Followers

Posts 242
Lankford Oxendine | Forum Activity | Posted: Fri, Apr 20 2012 8:14 AM

Is there anyway to make a particular resource always open in a specific window tile?  Thanks!

Posts 3578
steve clark | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Apr 20 2012 10:30 AM

Hi Lankford,

Probably not the way you wish that it would.

1. You  can use a Layout

OR

2. You can add your book to the Shortcut bar, then Drag-n-Drop it to the window/panel that you want it in.

QLinks, Bibl2, LLR, Macros
Dell Insp 17-5748, i5, 1.7 GHz, 8G RAM, win 8.1

Posts 9947
George Somsel | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Apr 20 2012 10:33 AM

steve clark:

Hi Lankford,

Probably not the way you wish that it would.

1. You  can use a Layout

OR

2. You can add your book to the Shortcut bar, then Drag-n-Drop it to the window/panel that you want it in.

You don't need to have a shortcut to do this.  You can drag and drop a resource from the library menu.

george
gfsomsel

יְמֵי־שְׁנוֹתֵינוּ בָהֶם שִׁבְעִים שָׁנָה וְאִם בִּגְבוּרֹת שְׁמוֹנִים שָׁנָה וְרָהְבָּם עָמָל וָאָוֶן

Posts 15805
Forum MVP
Keep Smiling 4 Jesus :) | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Apr 20 2012 10:35 AM

Lankford Oxendine:

Is there anyway to make a particular resource always open in a specific window tile?

No.

Option is using "+" to open a New Tab, which has same resource type as the tab with current focus (foremost) in a panel.  If current tab is a Bible, then clicking "+" opens a New Tab, which shows Bibles that have same verse, along right side the Bibles are listed in prioritized order.

Keep Smiling Smile

Posts 3578
steve clark | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Apr 20 2012 10:35 AM

George Somsel:
You don't need to have a shortcut to do this.  You can drag and drop a resource from the library menu.

True, but for a particular book, it takes fewer mouse clicks to use the shortcut bar. But your are correct!

Lankford Oxendine:
a particular resource

Posts 15805
Forum MVP
Keep Smiling 4 Jesus :) | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Apr 20 2012 10:38 AM

steve clark:

George Somsel:

True, but for a specific book, it takes fewer mouse clicks to use the shortcut bar. But your are correct!

Personally dreaming of shortcut folders since have run out of room for individual shortcuts (similar to web browsers having folders to organize bookmarks).

Keep Smiling Smile

Posts 3578
steve clark | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Apr 20 2012 10:41 AM

Keep Smiling 4 Jesus :):
Personally dreaming of shortcut folders since have run out of room for individual shortcuts (similar to web browsers having folders to organize bookmarks).

That would be nice. i have half a dozen books of differing types on my shortcuts bar. i just drag the type of book i want to the layout and then use Parallel resources to change the book to the specific book that i need.

EDIT: the books for each type on my shortcut bar are my most used, so many times i don't have to use the Parallel resources, but when i need to i do so.

Posts 8899
fgh | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Apr 20 2012 1:44 PM

steve clark:
That would be nice.

Then we could use your thumb on Suggestion: Shortcut Folders.

"The Christian way of life isn't so much an assignment to be performed, as a gift to be received."  Wilfrid Stinissen

Mac Pro OS 10.9.

Page 1 of 1 (8 items) | RSS