Need a Bit of Help

Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
This post has 2 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 71
JCJN | Forum Activity | Posted: Mon, Apr 23 2012 6:12 AM

I was wondering if Logos 4 Mac had what I call a "white paper" space.  The capability to write a paper within the software which could also be used to pull in notes, clippings, sentence diagram or any other of the tools and files?  In short the ability to use it as my tool to write papers (with MLA format), articles, sermons, books etc. etc.  

I know I will get some feed back about this since it is a separate issue but how do I bring in my own studies are articles into Logos and use them as any other resource?

JCJN

Posts 29485
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Apr 23 2012 6:21 AM

JCJN:
I was wondering if Logos 4 Mac had what I call a "white paper" space.  The capability to write a paper within the software which could also be used to pull in notes, clippings, sentence diagram or any other of the tools and files?  In short the ability to use it as my tool to write papers (with MLA format), articles, sermons, books etc. etc.

Sorry, this isn't possible. Bob has said that he does not want to create a word processor… 

JCJN:
how do I bring in my own studies are articles into Logos and use them as any other resource?

You can do this through the "personal book builder." In a nutshell, books are imported by creating a Microsoft Word .docx file (not a .doc file!). You can learn more in the WIKI. Feel free to ask more questions in the forum!

macOS, iOS & iPadOS | Logs |  Install

Posts 1083
William Gabriel | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Apr 24 2012 8:18 AM

You may want to check out a product called Scrivener. If you're interested in writing papers/books that keeps track of your research, I think it will do the trick. I was intending on trying at home last night, but forgot, but I think you could even save Logos links in Scrivener to refer back to resources if you don't want to copy and paste large sections. (e.g. ‎logosres:nivac62mk;ref=Bible.Mk8.22-26)

Page 1 of 1 (3 items) | RSS