Send to Keynote

Page 1 of 2 (27 items) 1 2 Next >
This post has 26 Replies | 4 Followers

Posts 490
R. Mansfield | Forum Activity | Posted: Sat, Nov 14 2009 10:47 PM

I notice in the Windows version of L4 that when right-clicking on a graphic image, one of the options is to send to PowerPoint. 

Since so many Mac users prefer Keynote over PowerPoint, I wonder if there will be a similar option in the Mac version to send the graphic to Keynote?

If this isn't already on the drawing board, I'd like to suggest it.

RMansfield@mac.com
http://thislamp.com 
youtube.com/user/rfmansfield
twitter/thislamp
facebook.com/rmansfield

Posts 2778
J.R. Miller | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Nov 14 2009 11:00 PM

good suggestion!  I think that should be the default option for Mac!

My Books in Logos & FREE Training

Posts 10737
Forum MVP
Jack Caviness | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Nov 15 2009 2:27 PM

I agree with both Rick and Joe!

Posts 3810
spitzerpl | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Nov 15 2009 2:28 PM

JackCaviness:

I agree with both Rick and Joe!

If I may put my 2 cents in here, I'm a PC user, love MS Office, but this only makes sense to me.

Posts 57
Bryan Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Nov 15 2009 2:34 PM

I agree with Rick and Joe and Jack 

Posts 2778
J.R. Miller | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Nov 15 2009 3:51 PM

I agree with Jack and Bryan and Philip who all agreed with me that we all agree. Broken Heart

Posts 10737
Forum MVP
Jack Caviness | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Nov 15 2009 4:53 PM

Joe Miller:

I agree with Jack and Bryan and Philip who all agreed with me that we all agree. Broken Heart

Then, why is your heart broken? Big Smile

Posts 2778
J.R. Miller | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Nov 15 2009 5:07 PM

..because my eyes are not very good, and I thought that was a regular heart.  I did not see the break in it.. oops. Embarrassed 

Posts 1416
Wes Saad | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Nov 15 2009 7:10 PM

I agree with Rick and Joe and Jack and Bryan and Philip.

Logos folks, another feature you can use for advertising: "When Logos 4 does not quite work the way you want it to, it's not a bug, it's a feature! Imagine the community life you will experience as you join with other users to entreat the Logos programmers to provide the featureset that is right for you."

Posts 102
shane blyth | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Nov 15 2009 7:21 PM

another vote add me to the list of Keynote default it kicks powerpoint

Posts 505
Michael Kares | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Nov 15 2009 7:34 PM

How 'bout an option for Neo/Open Office.  I didn't really like iwork 09.  Pages was garbage.  I never had an opportunity to use Keynote.

Blessings,

Michael Kares

Posts 505
Michael Kares | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Nov 15 2009 7:35 PM

I shouldn't say Pages is garbage, but I don't like the way you need to save/export files to a different format.

Posts 30
Jordan Tatom | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Nov 16 2009 1:55 PM

I am all for being able to send to Keynote ... sending to Pages would be nice as well.  Since Microsoft Office is originally for Windows ... it only makes sense for the default for the Mac version to be Keynote since iLife is Mac.  But, as I do know some use Microsoft office for Mac (not me) it still would probably be good to have PowerPoint as an option and probably Microsoft Word as well.  It would be nice if under settings I could choose my own default, KeyNote or PowerPoint and Word or Pages. 

Posts 797
JRS | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Nov 16 2009 2:01 PM

Joe Miller:

I agree with Jack and Bryan and Philip who all agreed with me that we all agree.

Obviously what this forum is sorely lacking is a Group Hug Emoticon!  PersonPersonPersonPerson

How blessed is the one whom Thou dost choose, and bring near to Thee(Psa 65:4a)

Posts 3810
spitzerpl | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Nov 16 2009 2:05 PM

JRS:

Joe Miller:

I agree with Jack and Bryan and Philip who all agreed with me that we all agree.

Obviously what this forum is sorely lacking is a Group Hug Emoticon!  PersonPersonPersonPerson

LOL! Only on a Logos forum would a PC guy be embraced by the MAC world!

Posts 797
JRS | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Nov 16 2009 3:33 PM

Philip Spitzer:

LOL! Only on a Logos forum would a PC guy be embraced by the MAC world!

Philip,

You are correct ... I am a PC.  Accidentally clicked on the Logos 4 Mac forum but immediately felt the warmth emanating from it, so I stayed a while and found this interesting thread where everyone is agreeing with everyone else.  Is this really what the Mac world is like?  It's a beautiful thing.  Besides, why should there even be Mac/PC flame wars (or rumors of wars) when there are so many other things that could be profitably argued like KJV v. all other translations.  Wink

How blessed is the one whom Thou dost choose, and bring near to Thee(Psa 65:4a)

Posts 94
Jonathan Griffiths | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Nov 17 2009 3:25 PM

hahahaha 

You guys are too funny. OK, I'd like the option of Keynote/Powerpoint and Pages/Word. I happen to have both, depending on where the end result is going. I know... it seems so wrong.

L5 on Lenovo Thinkpad, i5, windows 7 pro | Logos App on Samsung Galaxy S3 | Logos App on tablet soon

Posts 3810
spitzerpl | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Nov 17 2009 4:08 PM

Jonathan Griffiths:
OK, I'd like the option of Keynote/Powerpoint and Pages/Word.

That's alright...we'll still share the love.

Posts 10
trahajje | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Mar 30 2010 1:32 PM

I think they ought to drop the "Send to..." option in both Windows and Mac. Since there's more than one presentation program, just let the user copy and paste into his program of choice. It's not like it saves that much time. It doesn't add much in the way of functionality, and it actually just needlessly clutters the menu for anyone who uses a different program. At the least give the user a choice of presentation programs that can be selected in the Logos program settings.

Posts 235
Stephen Ashton | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Mar 30 2010 3:03 PM

Jeff Trahan:
I think they ought to drop the "Send to..." option in both Windows and Mac. Since there's more than one presentation program, just let the user copy and paste into his program of choice.

I don't agree, I'm afraid. PowerPoint and Keynote are by far the most popular slideware applications. The functionality exists within L4. So why remove it?

Read FAQ and Guide for Reporting Bugs.

13" Macbook • 2GHz • 2GB RAM • OS 10.6.6 • 160GB Hard Drive

Page 1 of 2 (27 items) 1 2 Next > | RSS