Send to Keynote

Page 2 of 2 (27 items) < Previous 1 2
This post has 26 Replies | 4 Followers

Posts 91
Rick Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Mar 30 2010 4:24 PM

Powerpoint?? People still use powerpoint???? 

Keynote - ftw!

Posts 396
Fernando A Gonzalez | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Mar 30 2010 7:43 PM

I  think that the "Send" feature should remain with an option of Keynote/Powerpoint & Pages/Word.  Those are the most popular applications.

Posts 10
trahajje | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Apr 13 2010 2:02 PM

Stephen Ashton:

Jeff Trahan:
I think they ought to drop the "Send to..." option in both Windows and Mac. Since there's more than one presentation program, just let the user copy and paste into his program of choice.

I don't agree, I'm afraid. PowerPoint and Keynote are by far the most popular slideware applications. The functionality exists within L4. So why remove it?

Because only one of the two most popular slideware applications is supported. And most of the suggestions for changing the program seem to call for Keynote to simply replace PowerPoint, which still leaves out one of the main programs. That's the main thing I have a problem with. At least let the user choose. If the "Send to" option is going to exist, it should be made to work like the "Copy Bible Verses" in the Windows version (although I typically use the "Copy" button rather than the "Copy and Paste" button for the same basic reason I state below). "Copy Bible Verses" lets you pick the word processor. I wouldn't really have a problem with this if you could choose the target app. 

However, I still would not see any real added value even if the target app could be chosen. The copy button actually gives the user more control over where the image is pasted in PowerPoint and Keynote. If you already have 10 slides, the "Send to" option is simply going to create an eleventh -- even if you're copying an image to use on the first slide. If I have to turn around and use cut and paste in PowerPoint or Keynote to get the image in the right place after using "Send to," has it really saved any steps? When using the copy button, you can then paste into whichever slide you want.

I'm all for more functionality. But if you're going to throw in the kitchen sink, I'd at least like for it to work well for everyone. If it doesn't, then it just takes up space, at least for some people. (How would you like a kitchen sink with a "Send to plastic cup" option when you're using a glass?) I just don't think the program with the most code necessarily wins.

I wouldn't be surprised if a lot of this is worked out with time. It is in the alpha stage.

Posts 1751
Nathan Parker | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Apr 13 2010 5:54 PM

I agree with the majority as well. :-) Having a Send to Keynote (and possibly option to send to PowerPoint: mac) would be excellent. Same for text to send to Pages or Word. Would be fantastic!

Nathan Parker

Visit my blog at http://focusingonthemarkministries.com

Posts 235
Stephen Ashton | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Apr 13 2010 11:52 PM

Jeff Trahan:
Because only one of the two most popular slideware applications is supported.

There's no need for us to have this discussion at all - L4 already has the following options:

All of these functions work as expected. There's 'Copy' and 'Save As ...' for those of us who like a bit of control over where and how the image is moved into the presentation and there's 'Send to PowerPoint' and 'Send to Keynote' for those who just want a quick and easy way to add the graphic to a new slide in their presentation.

So I am at a loss to understand why you would want the developers to remove functionality that is already implemented.

Read FAQ and Guide for Reporting Bugs.

13" Macbook • 2GHz • 2GB RAM • OS 10.6.6 • 160GB Hard Drive

Posts 1880
Philana Crouch | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Apr 14 2010 9:56 AM

Yes this function works very well, especially with maps and images. Things for the most part also enlarge well in Keynote. The only thing to keep in mind is you might want to keep your background white on some, because there is that on some of the images. 

Also when you Command + Control (i.e. Right Click) you can choose "Save as" this saves it in a .png file format that will work in most programs that handle graphics! So that is also helpful, especially if you want to work in Pages.

Posts 3
Michael | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Mar 6 2013 8:58 AM

Does Keynote integrate with Proclaim?

Page 2 of 2 (27 items) < Previous 1 2 | RSS