Feature Request: Ability to use the Logos 4 sans-serif font as default text font

Page 1 of 1 (6 items)
This post has 5 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 524
Stuart Robertson | Forum Activity | Posted: Sun, Nov 15 2009 3:10 AM

The default ("Athelas") serifed font is beautiful but on my small laptop it is not that easy to read unless I make the text quite large whereas I find sans-serif fonts (like Arial, etc) easier to read at small text sizes.

The font that L4 uses for popups and elsewhere in the UI (I can't recall the font's name) is very clean and clear, but I cannot find a setting in Program Settings that allows me to set it to be the default text font.

Might it be possible to let this font (which I assume is "embedded" inside L4) be used as the default text font?

Posts 13428
Mark Barnes | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Nov 15 2009 4:28 AM

You can change the font by going to Tools / Program Settings and looking for the "Default Font" setting. However, it seems to my eye that the font you're looking for is Gill Sans MT Condensed, and Logos 4 doesn't allow you to specify the style of font (bold/italic/condensed/etc), just the face. In which case you need to be looking for an alternative. A google search will find you alternatives.

<edit>On second thoughts, it might be Alber</edit>. But you can't get that for free, and it's not listed in the Windows Fonts panel either.

This is my personal Faithlife account. On 1 March 2022, I started working for Faithlife, and have a new 'official' user account. Posts on this account shouldn't be taken as official Faithlife views!

Posts 821
Richard Lyall | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Nov 15 2009 4:31 AM

No, the default Sans Serif font is called "Alber" and it is embedded in the application, and not installed as a TTF or OTF file.

I'd second this request - I'd like to be able to use Alber as the default text font, and not just the default GUI font.

Posts 524
Stuart Robertson | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Nov 16 2009 1:39 AM

Yes, that is...  'Alber'.  Someone previously mentioned it on the forum but I couldn't remember it.  Can anyone from Logos comment on whether it is possible to use as the UI font?

Posts 1723
LogosEmployee
Bob Pritchett | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Nov 16 2009 7:57 PM

Not yet, but it's a good idea. I'll file it to be supported.

Posts 821
Richard Lyall | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Nov 26 2009 4:45 AM

Great thanks! Especially since something has happened to the default serif font (or its rendering) in 4.0aB2 that makes it much less pleasant on the eye.

The text rendering on the Home page looks really nice and I look forward to enjoying the same look in the main screen.

Thanks!
Richard

Page 1 of 1 (6 items) | RSS