Looking for UserGroup Help in SW Florida Area

Page 1 of 1 (11 items)
This post has 10 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 6
Don MacDonald | Forum Activity | Posted: Thu, Apr 26 2012 12:54 PM

I have had Logos 3 for quite some time, now have Logos 4. Am having great difficulty learning to use it efficiently. If there is anyone in the SW Florida area interested in getting together with others for a User Group like situation, I'd be very interested in participating.

Posts 6
Don MacDonald | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Apr 26 2012 12:55 PM

Should have included that I am using Logos 4 on a Mac. Thanks.

Posts 349
Frank Fenby | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Apr 26 2012 1:05 PM

Where in Southwest Florida. I am in the Tampa area (or will  be starting Saturday morning). Right now I am in the southwest of Alaska. I love helping folks get started. I am not a Mac guy but can sure help with all the rest. There is plenty of help in the wiki to get you installed and running. Will be more than glad to help where ever I can.

Posts 6
Don MacDonald | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Apr 26 2012 1:08 PM

Thanks for the quick response. I am in the Fort Myers area, that's about 2 hours south of Tampa. I need lots of help just to get set up. This is my first day on the forum and have already been referred to the wiki so I'll go over there. I'd like to keep in touch.

Posts 8899
fgh | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Apr 26 2012 2:09 PM

Don MacDonald:
have already been referred to the wiki so I'll go over there.

Once you've got the installation done, I suggest you start with Excellent Unofficial Tutorial Videos. They really are excellent. They're PC, though, so things will look a little different, but apart from the one on installation you should be fine, as long as you remember to hit cmd instead of ctrl.

"The Christian way of life isn't so much an assignment to be performed, as a gift to be received."  Wilfrid Stinissen

Mac Pro OS 10.9.

Posts 6
Don MacDonald | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Apr 26 2012 5:49 PM

Thank you for that suggestion. I'll be sure to look at those.

Posts 110
Ron Cook | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Apr 26 2012 6:39 PM

Don, i'm in Fort Myers and may be able to help. I'm not a mac user but I've been using L4 on PC for 2 years. If you want to talk further you can email me at rcook at alcounseling dot com.  

Samsung Series 7; Windows 8 64 bit; Intel Core i7-3635QM @2.4GHz; 8 GB RAM; 1 GB NVIDIA GeForce GT640M

Posts 15805
Forum MVP
Keep Smiling 4 Jesus :) | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Apr 26 2012 10:52 PM

fgh:

Don MacDonald:
have already been referred to the wiki so I'll go over there.

Once you've got the installation done, I suggest you start with Excellent Unofficial Tutorial Videos. They really are excellent. They're PC, though, so things will look a little different, but apart from the one on installation you should be fine, as long as you remember to hit cmd instead of ctrl.

Wiki Getting Started with Logos has => Learning Logos that includes link to => Excellent Unofficial Logos 4 Training Videos plus Tip

Tip: PC control key often becomes command key on Mac.

Wiki has => Mac and PC User Interface Differences that includes screen shots to illustrate visual differences.

Keep Smiling Smile

Posts 6
Don MacDonald | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Apr 27 2012 6:08 AM

Thanks so much for those links. I did take your suggestion and started with the videos. Have already profited from them.

Posts 135
Gene Britton | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Apr 27 2012 6:51 PM

Morris Procter usually comes to Tampa, at least the last couple of years in February or March.  I have gotten a lot out of his classes.  

Posts 6
Don MacDonald | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Apr 27 2012 6:58 PM

Thanks for that reminder. I saw the announcement for the last session but was unable to go.

Page 1 of 1 (11 items) | RSS