Commands in Command box just starts a search

Page 1 of 1 (7 items)
This post has 6 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 97
Andreas Holmberg | Forum Activity | Posted: Sun, Nov 15 2009 10:05 AM

Hello

Very often when I type a command in the command box and clicking Return Logos will start a search of the command word/phrase instead of executing the command.

For example: typing the command Clear All will sometimes clear the workspace which ofcourse is what I want. But more than often Logos will just run a search of the phrase Clear All.

Has anyone come across this problem and possibly figured it out? Is it a bug? The fact that it sometimes works and sometimes doesn't puzzles me.

Kindly,

Andreas Holmberg

Pastor in Stockholm, Church of Sweden

Posts 2745
Bohuslav Wojnar | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Nov 15 2009 10:19 AM

AndreasHolmberg:

Hello

Very often when I type a command in the command box and clicking Return Logos will start a search of the command word/phrase instead of executing the command.

For example: typing the command Clear All will sometimes clear the workspace which ofcourse is what I want. But more than often Logos will just run a search of the phrase Clear All.

Has anyone come across this problem and possibly figured it out? Is it a bug? The fact that it sometimes works and sometimes doesn't puzzles me.

Kindly,

Andreas Holmberg

Where have you heard that "clear all" is a command? To close all panels you can use command "close all". Always when Logos do not recognize the command, it offers search for the word. When you look at the drop down list after you start writing the command, it show you the options. If among the options is not the command, of course Logos will use search option. That is my lay observation. I hope it helps.

Bohuslav

Posts 4508
Robert Pavich | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Nov 15 2009 10:24 AM

Bohuslav,

you are correct....I've also had Logos search for a term that I THOUGHT was a command, but it wasn't...  Embarrassed

Robert Pavich

For help go to the Wiki: http://wiki.logos.com/Table_of_Contents__

Posts 97
Andreas Holmberg | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Nov 16 2009 10:01 AM

Hello Bohuslav

You are absolutely right! I've mixed up the commands and sometimes incorreclty written clear all when I shold have written close all. Thanks for helping me out with this somehow embarrasing mistake on my behalf.

Andreas

Posts 54
Tommy Miller | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Nov 16 2009 10:29 AM

Hello. My name is Tommy. And I have a problem . . . I too have mistakingly typed "Clear All" rather than "Close All" in the command bar on more than one occasion. But admitting you have a problem is the first step in recovery, Right?

If Clear All is a common mistake, perhaps it could be added as one of the command synonyms for us dummies who are "Command-speak" challenged. Or perhaps we will eventually learn Big Smile

Core i7-2630QM CPU 2.00 GHz, 8 GB RAM, 64-Bit Windows 7 Professional SP1

Posts 97
Andreas Holmberg | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Nov 16 2009 10:34 AM

Great idea! "Commands for dummies".Big Smile

Andreas

Posts 8660
TCBlack | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Nov 16 2009 10:38 AM

TommyMiller:
If Clear All is a common mistake, perhaps it could be added as one of the command synonyms for us dummies who are "Command-speak" challenged. Or perhaps we will eventually learn Big Smile
I can certainly see your point Tommy, however....

While there are a few (e.g. Show = Open) If they start adding synonyms it become an increasing ball of confusion for everyone, programmers and users.  In a situation like this the solution would be clear documentation.

Available Commands include:
• add
• close all
• copy
• create
• go, go to
• help
• load new = create
• look up (opens keylink resource)
• make = create
• open [document name]
• open = show (when opening guides and tools)
• open new = create
• read, read aloud, start reading aloud, stop reading aloud
• search (basic), bible search, morph search, syntax search
• set
• show = open
• show new = create
Inc. Logos Research Systems, Logos 4 Help (Logos Research Systems, Inc.; Bellingham, WA, 2009; 2009).

Hmm Sarcasm is my love language. Obviously I love you. 

Page 1 of 1 (7 items) | RSS