Footnotes: Suggested Fix

Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
This post has 4 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 10
Chris Kendrick | Forum Activity | Posted: Sun, Nov 15 2009 1:13 PM

I copied a quote out of Eerdermans Dictionary of the Bible and happened to look down at the footnote and it read:

[1] Freedman, D. N., Myers, A. C., & Beck, A. B. (2000). Eerdmans dictionary of the Bible (524). Grand Rapids, Mich.: W.B. Eerdmans.

"dictionary" in the title should be capitalized: Eerdmans Dictionary of the Bible

Don't want to nit-pick, but I just thought I would let you guys know.

Thanks,

chris

Posts 2212
Damian McGrath | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Nov 15 2009 1:25 PM

Chris,

The problem is not in the footnote. It is in the resource metadata. Look at the bibliographical information for the excerpts on the homepage and you will see this error numerous times.

Posts 10
Chris Kendrick | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Nov 15 2009 4:00 PM

Damian,

Thanks, I just saw that. I also noticed it in several other books when referencing to them.

Is there any way to fix this?

Posts 2212
Damian McGrath | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Nov 15 2009 4:21 PM

Not by us.

I lodged this as a bug towards the end of Beta testing, but we have no way of knowing if such bugs are registered...

My suggestion, add a note to the sticky on resource metadata.

Posts 18782
Rosie Perera | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Nov 15 2009 4:43 PM

Damian McGrath:

I lodged this as a bug towards the end of Beta testing, but we have no way of knowing if such bugs are registered...

I too have been frustrated by not knowing when/whether bugs I've logged in the Forum have made it into their bug-tracking database. I think there should be one forum reserved just for bug reporting, and a Logos person should get back to each bug report and say whether it is "by design" (explain why) or "not repro" (hopefully this would be rare if we do our bug reporting properly) or "acknowledged" (yes it's a bug and we intend to fix it) or "fixed in SR-6."

Page 1 of 1 (5 items) | RSS