BUG: 4.5b RC2 & before. Indexer "beach balls", does not download updates.

Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
This post has 4 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 31
Clive Walters | Forum Activity | Posted: Wed, May 2 2012 7:25 AM | Locked

Perhaps already reported ... this has been with me for a while now. 

Command "Update Now" declared updates available. But nothing happened and Indexer icon just beach balls when pointer placed on it.

Quit Logos does not quit Indexer. Restart just picks Indexer up in the same state. But Update Now tells me there are NO updates found now, when there were a few minutes ago!

Force quit Indexer after quit Logos fires Logos without Indexer loading.

I switched to Beta to try to get rid of it, but it continues.

Any suggestions please?

Posts 4693
Forum MVP
Mike Binks | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, May 2 2012 8:06 AM | Locked

Hi Clive

I guess now that you have joined the ranks of the intrepid Beta users a set of diagnostic logs (see wiki for instructions) might help the techs get to the bottom of the problem.

Posts 15805
Forum MVP
Keep Smiling 4 Jesus :) | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, May 2 2012 10:47 AM | Locked

Clive Walters:
Any suggestions please?

Currently the 4.5b release 4.52.0.2176 is the same for Stable and Beta.

Wiki has => Logos 4 Beta Program with Beta information and risks so can decide on update channel (Beta or Stable) .

Clive Walters:
Force quit Indexer after quit Logos fires Logos without Indexer loading.

If using current Logos 4.5b release (4.52.0.2176) can call or email Logos Mac Support => http://www.logos.com/about/contact

Would like to look at diagnostic log files.

Could enable diagnostic logging, restart Mac, launch Logos 4 Mac.  After Indexer icon disappears, then compress log files and attach to a forum reply.  Also could check Home Page for updated resources (and/or look in library at Last Updated column).

Wiki Mac Troubleshooting has => How to Report Bugs in Logos 4 Mac

Optional: download and use 5504.Logos4MacLogging.app.zip to display your logging setting, then change to enable logging.

Optional: download and use Logos Log Scribe application to create a zip file on your desktop that includes your diagnostic logs plus a copy of console messages.

Keep Smiling Smile

Posts 31
Clive Walters | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, May 3 2012 9:20 AM | Locked

Wouldn't you know it?

Overight (and no restart of Mac) I fired up Logos and the Indexer came up, identified downloads, and executed them. Then went on to index them into the Library! Just like it used to.

I wonder if the situation of the loop of the Indexer was perpetuated by the "not now" 4 hour time lapse? If I force quit it, then it might be confused when firing up again as to what "time" it was ... or perhaps that had happened by closing the lid whilst it was indexing ... 

Just a thought. 

If it occurs in other occasions than that, I will add to this thread.

In the meantime, thanks for the suggestions - but at present I can't actually implement! Geeked

Posts 15805
Forum MVP
Keep Smiling 4 Jesus :) | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, May 3 2012 11:06 AM | Locked

Clive Walters:

Wouldn't you know it?

Overight (and no restart of Mac) I fired up Logos and the Indexer came up, identified downloads, and executed them. Then went on to index them into the Library! Just like it used to.

Rejoicing with you Geeked

Keep Smiling Smile

Page 1 of 1 (5 items) | RSS