Delete, Undo, Confirmation or Cancel in Customize Section

Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
This post has 4 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 81
Ps3 | Forum Activity | Posted: Thu, May 3 2012 9:02 AM

Hello all,

Is there a way to activate a "Confirmation" pop up in 'Customize"?  We keep having to redo our slides when we make experimental changes and then want to go back to our previous or original design.  Is there a way to "Cancel" the latest changes and just keep what we originally created?  Something other than "Done" or "Reset" to original creation or blank.

• Windows 8.1 Pro
  • Surface Pro
  • Windows Phone Denim
  • Logos 5 Gold
  • Proclaim
Posts 1729
LogosEmployee
Hunter Clagett | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, May 3 2012 3:10 PM

Ps3:

Is there a way to activate a "Confirmation" pop up in 'Customize"?  We keep having to redo our slides when we make experimental changes and then want to go back to our previous or original design.  Is there a way to "Cancel" the latest changes and just keep what we originally created?  Something other than "Done" or "Reset" to original creation or blank.

No, there isn't a function for that in Proclaim at the moment. 

I'd encourage you to post your suggestion to our uservoice page where we track customer interest and help guide development: http://proclaim.uservoice.com/

Thanks,

- Hunter Clagett

Logos 4 Bug Report - Mac | PC

Proclaim - Mac/PC

Posts 81
Ps3 | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, May 3 2012 3:24 PM

Thanks Hunter, will do.  This is a real pain to have to keep doing.  It would be nice for a pop up screen to open to confirm changes rather than just automatically finalize things. Thanks for the reply.

• Windows 8.1 Pro
  • Surface Pro
  • Windows Phone Denim
  • Logos 5 Gold
  • Proclaim
Posts 82
Todd Foster | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, May 3 2012 4:56 PM

Two features might be helpful here.

One, you can duplicate slides by right clicking on them in the order of service. If you're about to experiment with one, duplicate it first so you can delete the altered one if you don't like it or the original one if you do.

Secondly, the Recently Used section of the Add Items dialog should always contain your recently created slides. Take one formatted as you like, add it into the presentation (even if another copy is already there) and change it according to your needs.

Apologies if you already knew about these. It sounds like they could be helpful.

Posts 81
Ps3 | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, May 3 2012 7:09 PM

Thanks Ted,

Yes, I did already know about these but I hadn't thought of using them in this context.  So thanks for the great workaround idea.  

This is very helpful.  My one concern though is that you could end up with several different copies of the same content saved in your content folder.

I haven't tried to remove anything from that list yet but I guess there is a way to maintain it to keep it current and free of excess slides that I wouldn't to keep.

Thanks for the very helpful tips.

Shell

• Windows 8.1 Pro
  • Surface Pro
  • Windows Phone Denim
  • Logos 5 Gold
  • Proclaim
Page 1 of 1 (5 items) | RSS