New Time Record: Theological Journal Library Vol 14

Page 1 of 2 (27 items) 1 2 Next >
This post has 26 Replies | 4 Followers

Posts 1956
Donovan R. Palmer | Forum Activity | Posted: Sat, May 5 2012 1:35 AM

I have been anxiously awaiting the next installment of the Galaxie series of journals - Theological Journal Library, Vol 14. I don't ever recall a volume coming this late and was due to be delivered in the next number of days. However, I noticed today that it is now back at 'Under Contract'.  I'm wondering what gives?  The Galaxie journals are one of my favorite resources and at the rate we are going, we will be able to roll volumes 14 and 15 together at the end of the year! Sad  Are journals becoming the poor cousin that no-one likes any more?

Posts 2869
Forum MVP
Ted Hans | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, May 5 2012 3:40 AM

Donovan R. Palmer:
However, I noticed today that it is now back at 'Under Contract'.  I'm wondering what gives?  The Galaxie journals are one of my favorite resources and at the rate we are going, we will be able to roll volumes 14 and 15 together at the end of the year! Sad  Are journals becoming the poor cousin that no-one likes any more?

Big SmileSmileBig Smile

Dell, studio XPS 7100, Ram 8GB, 64 - bit Operating System, AMD Phenom(mt) IIX6 1055T Processor 2.80 GHZ

Posts 3338
Whyndell Grizzard | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, May 5 2012 4:25 AM

I was very disappionted when Masters Seminary made the choice to exclude their volumes.

Posts 1956
Donovan R. Palmer | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, May 5 2012 6:24 AM

Yes indeed. I wrote into Galaxie about this and they said there was little that they could do. 

Posts 1163
Tom Reynolds | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, May 5 2012 7:10 AM

They used to be produced by Galaxie and Logos just handled the CD unlocks. Now everything is downloads and is handled by Logos. Galaxie announced in October/November that Logos has the files and they would just need to convert them to L4 and then start selling them. I'm waiting for it to come off prepub so I can use my Christmas money. At this rate I'll be waiting until the fall and buying a bundle of them. Hampton really worked hard on these over the years, realising a volume every year in time for Christmas and it is a shame to see them now delayed so long.

Posts 2869
Forum MVP
Ted Hans | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, May 5 2012 8:00 AM

Tom Reynolds:
Hampton really worked hard on these over the years, realising a volume every year in time for Christmas and it is a shame to see them now delayed so long.

Agreed Yes

Dell, studio XPS 7100, Ram 8GB, 64 - bit Operating System, AMD Phenom(mt) IIX6 1055T Processor 2.80 GHZ

Posts 356
Ralph Mauch | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, May 5 2012 8:29 AM

Ted Hans:

Tom Reynolds:
Hampton really worked hard on these over the years, realising a volume every year in time for Christmas and it is a shame to see them now delayed so long.

Agreed Yes

Ditto YesYes

Posts 1956
Donovan R. Palmer | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, May 5 2012 8:34 AM

Tom Reynolds:

They used to be produced by Galaxie and Logos just handled the CD unlocks. Now everything is downloads and is handled by Logos. Galaxie announced in October/November that Logos has the files and they would just need to convert them to L4 and then start selling them. I'm waiting for it to come off prepub so I can use my Christmas money. At this rate I'll be waiting until the fall and buying a bundle of them. Hampton really worked hard on these over the years, realising a volume every year in time for Christmas and it is a shame to see them now delayed so long.

Agreed. That's why I said it seems they have become the poor cousin.  There may be extenuating circumstances, but this appears on face value to be the case where the little guy did something way better tan the giant. Maybe a Logos type of person will come around and fill in the story of what is going on here. 

Posts 217
LogosEmployee
Jannie van Niekerk | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, May 5 2012 9:20 AM

We have found some significant problems in the text, which prevents us to ship these with a clear conscious :), so we have decided to do some serious updating and fixing. Sorry for the delay and poor experience y'all are having at them moment, but I'm sure the final product will be in much, much better shape.

Posts 485
Randy Lane | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, May 5 2012 12:19 PM

Jannie van Niekerk:

We have found some significant problems in the text, which prevents us to ship these with a clear conscious :), so we have decided to do some serious updating and fixing. Sorry for the delay and poor experience y'all are having at them moment, but I'm sure the final product will be in much, much better shape.

All praise to Logos' Copy Editors, and other staff that serve in the Logos QA pipeline, for catching such stuff!

QA experts are often unappreaciated and unnoticed, except when they miss something and get rotten eggs tossed at them.

Posts 247
Tim | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, May 7 2012 8:32 AM

Whyndell Grizzard:

I was very disappionted when Masters Seminary made the choice to exclude their volumes.

I missed that. Does anybody know if they will be offered separately or have they rejected all further updates of their resource on L4? Have they stated why?

Posts 247
Tim | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, May 7 2012 8:32 AM

Whyndell Grizzard:

I missed that. Does anybody know if they will be offered separately or have they rejected all further updates of their resource on L4? Have they stated why?

Posts 948
Everett Headley | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, May 18 2012 7:43 AM

Is it possible to get an update on this?  I am getting frustrated on how long this is taking.  I use these for research in my classes and have desperately needed them. 

Posts 1956
Donovan R. Palmer | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, May 18 2012 7:51 AM

I agree. Of all the resources that I value the most for study, journals are right up there at the top.

While we are on the subject of journals, I would love to see another installment of Themelios!

Posts 217
LogosEmployee
Jannie van Niekerk | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, May 18 2012 8:42 AM

Everett Headley:
Is it possible to get an update on this?  I am getting frustrated on how long this is taking.  I use these for research in my classes and have desperately needed them. 

We are still working on it, but be aware its treated as high priority over here!

Posts 948
Everett Headley | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, May 18 2012 9:05 AM

TYVM! 

Posts 277
Ergatees | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, May 18 2012 12:12 PM

me too! I love the Journals and find the articles most interesting and scholarly. I have noted a downward trend as far as what they are announcing and the news that the Masters Seminary is no longer participating is an indication. I have all that Galaxie ever published but have decided to cut back.

E.

Posts 3338
Whyndell Grizzard | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, May 27 2012 4:05 PM

Yeah it would have been great to get Masters yearly as a Logos product- but alas.

I also have not been to impressed by some of the volumes being offered.

Posts 3771
Francis | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, May 27 2012 5:58 PM

It's too bad that there is no discount for pre-ordering. The price is the same as that of the previous incremental installments. 

Posts 948
Everett Headley | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, May 27 2012 9:21 PM

Honestly,

I am seriously considering canceling this order.  I'm not sure what the hold up is, but in an email from Bob he said didn't think it was a Logos product issue but Galaxie.  Still, unless they come out June 1, I know of a better ways to spend my $50.

Page 1 of 2 (27 items) 1 2 Next > | RSS