Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
This post has 2 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 24
Donald Kurz | Forum Activity | Posted: Sun, May 6 2012 10:53 PM

We are using a mac for the main machine for Proclaim.  With our external display we are sending it to two toshiba flat screens through a VGA splitter. 

I am very familiar with working with this setup and all that works great. The issue is on the MAC, we are trying to send a signal that fills the whole screen. In display settings, we are using the 1024x764 option. On the main dispay settings it allows for the (STRETCHED) version that resolution but it does not give that option for the secondary display. 

Proclaim is operating correctly at that resolution. We sue the 16:9 option of course.  

My questions is how do i get the secondary display to fill the entire screen without seeing the black space on any side of the screens.

Thanks!

Posts 82
Todd Foster | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, May 7 2012 7:55 AM

Donald,

I'm not entirely sure I understand your question, but I'll give it a go.

It sounds like your display computer is a Mac and your audience display(s) are currently set to a resolution of 1024x764. Presently Proclaim's full-screen display places black border around each slide because they don't fill your monitors perfectly. You would prefer the slide fill the entire screen.

I'm assuming the splitter allows you to treat your two Toshiba displays as a single monitor: they always display exactly the same image and the Mac doesn't know there are two of them.

Whether using Mac or Windows, Proclaim is designed to use either of two common aspect ratios: 16:9 or 4:3. If the on-air window is set to "full screen" in a display which does not exactly match one of these aspect ratios, it will expand as much as it can while maintaining the chosen aspect ratio and fill in around the edges with a black background ("letter-boxing").

1024x768 does not conform to either of those aspect ratios. I believe it is closer to 4:3 than 16:9, so I think you would get a bigger image by setting your aspect ratio to 4:3.

Otherwise, I think your best option might be to change the resolution settings on your display monitor(s) to a size which does conform to your desired aspect ratio.

Does this help?

--Todd

Posts 89
Pastor Rickabaugh | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, May 21 2012 8:36 AM

We're sending the Proclaim ON AIR signal to 2 HD flat screens via HDMI using a splitter, etc.

It works on both our W7 desktop and my macbook pro.  I'm not sure it a VGA cable could send a 16:9 signal to the flat screens.

Page 1 of 1 (3 items) | RSS