Reading Plan has 'stop reading here' too early.

Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
This post has 4 Replies | 2 Followers

Posts 24
Stuart | Forum Activity | Posted: Mon, Nov 16 2009 5:56 AM

Hi,

I have been working through Calvin's Institutes with a reading plan, and I just noticed that the "Stop Reading Here" marker comes at the beginning of the section where I am supposed to stop my readings for the day, and not at the end of the readings.

While this is not a big deal (now that I know, I simply keep reading until I see the beginning of the next readings), it is a little annoying, especially since there is a "mark as done" function on that band in the resource, but it comes too early.

Has anyone else noticed this, and is there a way to correct this?

Thanks,

Stuart.

I must say, thought, that I am really enjoying Logos 4, and will enjoy it more as I learn how to use it well.

Posts 8666
TCBlack | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Nov 16 2009 6:45 AM

Stuart:
I just noticed that the "Stop Reading Here" marker comes at the beginning of the section where I am supposed to stop my readings for the day, and not at the end of the readings.

Stuart,

It may be because I'm low on coffee, but this is a little unclear

My stop reading mark is at the end of the section (1 Tim 4:2) that I'm supposed to be reading/memorizing today. (pay no attention to how far behind I am!)

Is this not what you're seeing?

Hmm Sarcasm is my love language. Obviously I love you. 

Posts 24
Stuart | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Nov 16 2009 7:21 AM

Hi Thomas,

First of all, let me thank you for all the indirect help you've given me through this forum.  It has really been beneficial.

Is this not what you're seeing?

I probably should have explained better.  In my reading plan for today, my readings were to include Bk 1, Chp 1 of the Institues, as per illustration 1:

However, the "stop reading" note did not come at the end of the selection, but at the beginning, as per illustration 2:

If I were to have stopped reading at this point, I would have entirely skipped that section, as the readings for the next day are to start at Bk 1, Chp 2.

I noticed this and just kept reading, so it is not a huge deal, but it is annoying as it doesn't seem to work as it should, at least for this resource.  I've tested it out on several other resources (NIV and Kuyper's Lectures on Calvinism), and it only seems to do this for The Institutes.  Perhaps its just a bug since this resource does not have page numbers attached to it.

Thanks for any advice/help you can give.

Stuart.

Posts 86
Scott Fleischman | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Nov 16 2009 9:00 AM

Stuart,

Thanks for pointing out this bug.  The fix will be in a future update.

Scott

Posts 24
Stuart | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Nov 16 2009 9:04 AM

Thanks, Scott.  That was quick!

I must say I have always been impressed with the Logos customer service and support staff.  Thanks for all your work that you do for us!

Stuart.

Page 1 of 1 (5 items) | RSS