Select a Group of Bible Referenes to Create a List of Verses

Page 1 of 1 (14 items)
This post has 13 Replies | 2 Followers

Posts 2
Roger Lucas | Forum Activity | Posted: Mon, Nov 16 2009 9:11 AM

I am just new to Logos and learning. I saw how in Gold V3 you could select a group of bible references, such as in the Treasury of Scripture Knowledge, and then click somewhere else to create an immediate verse list from these text references. How can I do this using my upgrade Logos 4 Platinum?

Posts 8660
TCBlack | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Nov 16 2009 9:30 AM

Roger, Verse lists were not originally a part of L4, because their market research showed that not many people used them.  They've been proven wrong in these forums by posts like yours.  I believe there's a post around here by Bob Pritchett (CEO) that they'll be coming back.

Hmm Sarcasm is my love language. Obviously I love you. 

Posts 2
Roger Lucas | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Nov 16 2009 9:37 AM

Thanks for the information. I wondered about that as I searced in help index and could not find anyway to replicate that feature. I do hope they find a way to include that. I just got used to using it and found it a very helpful feature. Next time I call customer support I will mention it to them. Thanks.

Posts 54
Tommy Miller | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Nov 16 2009 10:19 AM

I agree with Roger, verse lists are a useful tool and should be a part of L4.

Core i7-2630QM CPU 2.00 GHz, 8 GB RAM, 64-Bit Windows 7 Professional SP1

Posts 97
Andreas Holmberg | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Nov 16 2009 10:35 AM

I also find Verse list in L3 very useful. Hope L4 will also carry it soon.

/Andreas

Pastor in Stockholm, Church of Sweden

Posts 3810
spitzerpl | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Nov 16 2009 10:46 AM

AndreasHolmberg:
I also find Verse list in L3 very useful. Hope L4 will also carry it soon.

They will be. Bob elsewhere said that his mother was complaining about them being missing :-)

Posts 40
Timothy Lovegrove | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Nov 16 2009 10:58 AM

Roger Lucas:

I am just new to Logos and learning. I saw how in Gold V3 you could select a group of bible references, such as in the Treasury of Scripture Knowledge, and then click somewhere else to create an immediate verse list from these text references. How can I do this using my upgrade Logos 4 Platinum?

Roger, though the verse list capability isn't in L4 yet, the specific example you are using (Treasury of Scripture Knowledge) is available in L4 through Power Lookup. In the screenshot below you can see that I have references in NTSK highlighted, and they show up in the Power Lookup Window. Note the "copy" button at the top of the Power Lookup frame. it's not perfect (because it includes the symbols and other stuff), but definitely better than nothing for now! Hope that helps.

Posts 14
Frederick Schaffner | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Nov 16 2009 12:13 PM

Timothy - thanks for the Power Lookup hint. I find that to be helpful and I look forward to an easier and printable way for this to happen.

Rick

Posts 89
JF | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Nov 16 2009 12:33 PM

They certain were nice to use when reading a biblical article on they web.  Just copy the article, open up Verse List and add from clipboard and all of the referred verses in one easy place. verses.

Posts 2
Roger Lucas | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Nov 16 2009 1:04 PM

Timothy,

Great idea!!! Thanks so much. It will help us until it is a formal feature in L4.

Posts 2548
Forum MVP
John Fidel | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Nov 16 2009 2:42 PM

I have another work around in the meantime: highlight the verses for example in TSK right mouse click and then select "add a clipping". Name your new clippings what you would a verse list. While you do not get the actual verses, you can hover and get them... Just a suggestion until the real deal is available.

Posts 4
Jorge Moreno | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Nov 19 2009 5:58 PM

Hello Tim,

Does this Power Lookup feature works over my own "Handout"?

Say, I found a text outside LOGOS and I went via copy/past, created my  own "Handout"

Can I use the Power Lookup feature?

I have tried,.. but .. somehow Ido not get to see the ACTIVE Power lookup working

I have tried Docking/Floating the Handout.. same resultd

Your comments will be greatly appreciated

Jorge

Posts 5
Anne C. James | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Nov 20 2009 6:56 PM

Thanks for the workaround for the unavailable Verse List in L4.  After selecting copy in Power Lookup, I pasted the results in L3 as a New Verse List.

Anne C. James

Member, River City Grace Community Church

Posts 40
Timothy Lovegrove | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Nov 23 2009 9:06 PM

JorgeMoreno:
Does this Power Lookup feature works over my own "Handout"?

Jorge, I don't think this works because Power Lookup only works together with certain parts of the Logos resources / tools. I don't have a full list of exactly what it works with, but I'm quite sure handouts isn't one of the things.

Page 1 of 1 (14 items) | RSS