Is Collins Cobuild Pronunciation compatible with LOGOS 4

Page 1 of 1 (10 items)
This post has 9 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 38
Francis Jeffries | Forum Activity | Posted: Mon, Nov 16 2009 10:13 AM

I have Collins 4-in-1 Accessory Book as part of my Logos 3 library.  I'm wondering is the Collins Cobuild Pronunciation compatible with LOGOS 4 and if so where should I place the Media files(MP3s) in order for LOGOS 4 to utilize them. 

Thanks in advance for any help. 

Posts 5573
Forum MVP
Rich DeRuiter | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Nov 16 2009 10:17 AM

Francis Jeffries:
I have Collins 4-in-1 Accessory Book as part of my Logos 3 library.  I'm wondering is the Collins Cobuild Pronunciation compatible with LOGOS 4 and if so where should I place the Media files(MP3s) in order for LOGOS 4 to utilize the

I don't know anything about this resource, but I can say these two things:

1. L4 does not yet have the ability to deal with audio files like the ones you're talking about
  2. If it's a Logos published resource, it should be available to Logos 4 eventually.

Help links: WIKI;  Logos 6 FAQ. (Phil. 2:14, NIV)

Posts 38
Francis Jeffries | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Nov 16 2009 10:21 AM

I'm Sorry the file format is mpa. 

Posts 5573
Forum MVP
Rich DeRuiter | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Nov 16 2009 10:28 AM

Francis Jeffries:

I'm Sorry the file format is mpa. 

No audio files are working in L4 yet, except for some pronunciation modules, and integration with the Microsoft read-aloud program (as far as I know). This functionality is coming.

Posts 13428
Mark Barnes | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Nov 16 2009 10:38 AM

Richard DeRuiter:

No audio files are working in L4 yet, except for some pronunciation modules, and integration with the Microsoft read-aloud program (as far as I know). This functionality is coming.

This isn't true. My VanTil Audio Library works fine.

This is my personal Faithlife account. On 1 March 2022, I started working for Faithlife, and have a new 'official' user account. Posts on this account shouldn't be taken as official Faithlife views!

Posts 5573
Forum MVP
Rich DeRuiter | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Nov 16 2009 10:42 AM

MarkBarnes:
This isn't true. My VanTil Audio Library works fine.

Really? That's cool.

Sometimes I love being wrong.

The last I read from Logos, this was still in the works. I've got a few audio libraries as well and haven't tried them in L4.

Did you have to copy the audio files manually to the Logos4 resource directory, or did L4 do this for you automatically?

Posts 13428
Mark Barnes | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Nov 16 2009 11:14 AM

Everything happened automatically. I have got a MacArthur Audio library too, but I can't find that (nor even remember what the resource was called!)

This is my personal Faithlife account. On 1 March 2022, I started working for Faithlife, and have a new 'official' user account. Posts on this account shouldn't be taken as official Faithlife views!

Posts 260
Pastor Cleghorn | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Nov 16 2009 1:46 PM

All the books show up but I cannot get the audio to work.

Posts 38
Francis Jeffries | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Nov 16 2009 2:38 PM

I have MacArthur as well Oswald Chambers,   I will try to add the audio files. Those files are in MP3 format.  That maybe the difference.  Thank you all for your responses. 

Posts 271
Don | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Nov 17 2009 11:53 AM
Van Til was rebuilt with all of the audio files embedded in one resource. The Logos hymnal also has the audio files embedded. I believe the Nelson LifeWork titles which included audio files are accessed from various Nelson homepages. As those hompages are not available in L4, I am not sure how those audio files are opened from within L4.
Page 1 of 1 (10 items) | RSS