Page 1 of 1 (11 items)
This post has 10 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 9947
George Somsel | Forum Activity | Posted: Wed, Aug 5 2009 12:42 PM

Was anyone aware that the Hermeneia update was about to ship?  I don't recall that I saw it listed as being about to ship or a ship date.  If I am correct, I think we need better notification.  I just received an e-mail with links to download the three volumes.

george
gfsomsel

יְמֵי־שְׁנוֹתֵינוּ בָהֶם שִׁבְעִים שָׁנָה וְאִם בִּגְבוּרֹת שְׁמוֹנִים שָׁנָה וְרָהְבָּם עָמָל וָאָוֶן

Posts 653
Alex Scott | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Aug 5 2009 2:16 PM

No George - there was no notice.  

I guess our pleas for better notification about prepubs are falling on deaf ears.  

I follow my prepubs very closely, and I would have said previously that most of the time there is about 3-4 weeks advance notice.  I would suggest people follow there prepubs in their "My Prepubs" account rather than the site itself.  I think the results are generally more accurate.  I must say I  was aware of their imminence because I saw them come up on the FTP site a few days ago.  I was going to make mention of that and then I thought I might be preempting Logos intentions.  I won't make that mistake again.

Alex.

Longtime Logos user (more than $30,000 in purchases) - now a second class user because I won't pay them more every month or year.

Posts 9947
George Somsel | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Aug 5 2009 3:43 PM

Alex Scott:

No George - there was no notice.  

I guess our pleas for better notification about prepubs are falling on deaf ears.  

I follow my prepubs very closely, and I would have said previously that most of the time there is about 3-4 weeks advance notice.  I would suggest people follow there prepubs in their "My Prepubs" account rather than the site itself.  I think the results are generally more accurate.  I must say I  was aware of their imminence because I saw them come up on the FTP site a few days ago.  I was going to make mention of that and then I thought I might be preempting Logos intentions.  I won't make that mistake again.

Alex.

I have checked my "My Prepubs" page several times recently and don't recall that there was any notice there in the form of a ship date either in addition to there not being any notice elsewhere.  That is why I was particularly surprised.  I had expected Aquinas and a few other things, but not Hermeneia.

george
gfsomsel

יְמֵי־שְׁנוֹתֵינוּ בָהֶם שִׁבְעִים שָׁנָה וְאִם בִּגְבוּרֹת שְׁמוֹנִים שָׁנָה וְרָהְבָּם עָמָל וָאָוֶן

Posts 2964
tom | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Aug 5 2009 4:32 PM

George Somsel:
we need better notification

I too think we need to be notified before they charge our bank accounts.  I just finished moving, and I was planning to use the money in my bank account to cover my moving cost.

Posts 653
Alex Scott | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Aug 5 2009 5:43 PM

No, there was absolutely no indication except for their recent appearance on the FTP site, August 3rd.

Longtime Logos user (more than $30,000 in purchases) - now a second class user because I won't pay them more every month or year.

Posts 9947
George Somsel | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Aug 5 2009 6:54 PM

Alex Scott:

No, there was absolutely no indication except for their recent appearance on the FTP site, August 3rd.

It seems strange that they can notify us well in advance that a $4 item is shipping but they can't notify us that a much higher priced item is shipping.

george
gfsomsel

Posts 56
Paul Knopf | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Aug 5 2009 8:21 PM

I checked my "My Prepubs" page as recently as this afternoon and noticed the ship date said "N/A" but the status said "Live."  I first noticed that yesterday and wondered when I would get to download the files.  Then this afternoon I got the email.  No notification outside of that.

Posts 2746
Bohuslav Wojnar | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Aug 6 2009 1:28 AM

PaulKnopf:

I checked my "My Prepubs" page as recently as this afternoon and noticed the ship date said "N/A" but the status said "Live."  I first noticed that yesterday and wondered when I would get to download the files.  Then this afternoon I got the email.  No notification outside of that.

It is not normal procedure, they always send the email to notify the pre-pub is ready to be shipped or downloaded. I would say it is just mistake, what can always happen. I hope that mistake will not happen with the NICOT/NICNT pre-pub. It would not be funny.

Bohuslav

Posts 2964
tom | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Aug 6 2009 4:42 AM

Bohuslav Wojnar:

PaulKnopf:

It is not normal procedure, they always send the email to notify the pre-pub is ready to be shipped or downloaded. I would say it is just mistake, what can always happen. I hope that mistake will not happen with the NICOT/NICNT pre-pub. It would not be funny.

Yes, they made a mistake, but their mistake has placed a severe strain on my current finances.

Posts 150
Jim Dean | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Aug 6 2009 4:58 AM

tom collinge:

[Yes, they made a mistake, but their mistake has placed a severe strain on my current finances.

You can call them and get a refund.

Then, (or maybe before), call a sales PERSON and ask them to help you out.  Explain the situation, and maybe they will be able to honor the prepub price a month from now when your moolah situation has improved.

Best solution is to set aside the money when the item is first ordered, in a separate account.  Otherwise, it's just like borrowing from a credit card, and inevitably creates tension.  I figger that if He has not given me the money to get the "whatever", then HE doesn't think that I "need" it. 

None of the PrePub release dates EVER catch the Lord by surprise, after all Big Smile

Works for me, anyways.  JMHO, FWIW

=============
Redeeming the time (Eph.5:16+Col.4:5) ...
Jim Dean

Posts 3262
LogosEmployee
Phil Gons (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Aug 10 2009 1:30 PM

We’re very sorry for this mistake. Our main Pre-Pub guy was out of town last week, and on the list of things to do was ship Hermeneia. Some customers were telling us that they were going to cancel their order and buy it directly from the publisher (since they were already shipping it), so we wanted to make sure that we got it out as soon as we could. In our hurry to get it out, we didn't realize that a ship date had never been set. We’ll do our best to make sure this doesn’t happen in the future.

Page 1 of 1 (11 items) | RSS