The Lexham English Bible - Why start with Romans?

Page 1 of 1 (11 items)
This post has 10 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 383
Stephen Thorp | Forum Activity | Posted: Mon, Nov 16 2009 2:56 PM

Is it correct that the Lexham English Bible starts with Romans or have I got a faulty copy?

Stephen

Posts 5558
Forum MVP
Rich DeRuiter | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Nov 16 2009 3:03 PM

Stephen Thorp:
Is it correct that the Lexham English Bible starts with Romans or have I got a faulty copy?

Yes, that's correct.

The LEB is a work in progress. Rumors have it one of the Gospels will be next.

Help links: WIKI;  Logos 6 FAQ. (Phil. 2:14, NIV)

Posts 9028
Forum MVP
Mark Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Nov 16 2009 3:06 PM

It starts in Romans because it is a work in progress.

Pastor, North Park Baptist Church

Bridgeport, CT USA

Posts 1215
LogosEmployee
Rick Brannan (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Nov 16 2009 9:18 PM

Richard DeRuiter:

Stephen Thorp:

Yes, that's correct.

The LEB is a work in progress. Rumors have it one of the Gospels will be next.

Being as how only the Gospels and Acts are outstanding, a gospel is a good bet. Big Smile

After Romans-Revelation, our editor did Matthew and Mark first, then John, and then Luke. All the while he was checking (and re-checking) synoptic parallels so that where similar language and syntax was used, the translations would be similar. We've got initial alignments of Matthew and Mark, but they need to be revisited to correct where some changes were made while Luke was translated/reviewed. John will be next to align, then Luke. The editor is working on putting Acts together right now.

Is it worth it to release more portions (e.g. get the Matthew & Mark alignments corrected and implemented as reverse interlinear)? Or should we just wait until the rest (John, Luke and Acts) is ready (possibly late 2009, if all goes well, but probably early 2010)?

Just curious what y'all think. Let me know, the feedback would be helpful. Thanks!

Rick Brannan
Data Wrangler, Faithlife
My books in print

Posts 9028
Forum MVP
Mark Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Nov 16 2009 9:42 PM

Rick Brannan:
Is it worth it to release more portions (e.g. get the Matthew & Mark alignments corrected and implemented as reverse interlinear)?

I'll be working on Mark fairly soon so would benefit from its release. I do have other tools so it certainly isn't critical, however.

With the new system to push updates, I don't see why you can't push it as soon as a section is ready.

Pastor, North Park Baptist Church

Bridgeport, CT USA

Posts 5558
Forum MVP
Rich DeRuiter | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Nov 16 2009 9:56 PM

Rick Brannan:
Is it worth it to release more portions (e.g. get the Matthew & Mark alignments corrected and implemented as reverse interlinear)? Or should we just wait until the rest (John, Luke and Acts) is ready (possibly late 2009, if all goes well, but probably early 2010)?

My vote is to release the updates incrementally, rather than waiting until it's finished. The LEB has quickly become one of my favorite literal translations.

Help links: WIKI;  Logos 6 FAQ. (Phil. 2:14, NIV)

Posts 203
David McAllan | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Nov 16 2009 10:39 PM

Don't know why, but I have two copies, & they are different.

David
https://www.echucacommunitychurch.com

Specs: HP Pavilion dv6-6137tx ; i7 2 GHz; 8 gb RAM; 2 gb Graphics; 750 Gb HD; Win 10; Bitdefender Antivirus.

Posts 1215
LogosEmployee
Rick Brannan (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Nov 17 2009 5:21 AM

David McAllan:

Hi David.

Toward the end of the beta cycle we changed the internal identifiers of the resource to keep them consistent with general practice (which was sort of evolving at the time). One of those Lexham Bibles will disappear at the end of the year when your beta license expires.

If you want to hide one now, find the one of the two that has content for Matthew and hide it. That's the older one. It will have text for Matthew but no reverse interlinear.

Similarly, I note you have the "Lexham Syntax Graphs" resource. That one will be going away with beta licenses as well, again due to renaming. The shipping/available version of the resource is the "Cascadia Syntax Graphs of the New Testament". You could similarly hide your "Lexham Syntax Graphs" resources if you didn't want them around.

I've actually hidden the older/beta versions of LEB and Lexham Syntax graphs on my home machine.

Hope it helps.

Rick Brannan
Data Wrangler, Faithlife
My books in print

Posts 1215
LogosEmployee
Rick Brannan (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Nov 17 2009 5:23 AM

Mark A. Smith:
With the new system to push updates, I don't see why you can't push it as soon as a section is ready.

It's basically a time management issue on my end — three to four incremental 'releases' instead of one 'release' involves repeating processes. Yes, it's possible, I just didn't know what folks thought of such a thing. But now I have an idea that it would be valuable and will see what I can work out.

Thanks for the feedback!

Rick Brannan
Data Wrangler, Faithlife
My books in print

Posts 3639
BillS | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Nov 17 2009 8:20 AM

Richard DeRuiter:
My vote is to release the updates incrementally, rather than waiting until it's finished.

Yes

Bill

Posts 203
David McAllan | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Nov 17 2009 1:49 PM

Rick Brannan:

David McAllan:

Hi David.

Toward the end of the beta cycle we changed the internal identifiers of the resource to keep them consistent with general practice (which was sort of evolving at the time). One of those Lexham Bibles will disappear at the end of the year when your beta license expires.

If you want to hide one now, find the one of the two that has content for Matthew and hide it. That's the older one. It will have text for Matthew but no reverse interlinear.

Similarly, I note you have the "Lexham Syntax Graphs" resource. That one will be going away with beta licenses as well, again due to renaming. The shipping/available version of the resource is the "Cascadia Syntax Graphs of the New Testament". You could similarly hide your "Lexham Syntax Graphs" resources if you didn't want them around.

I've actually hidden the older/beta versions of LEB and Lexham Syntax graphs on my home machine.

Hope it helps.

Thanks Rick for the indepth reply.

Blessings,

David
https://www.echucacommunitychurch.com

Specs: HP Pavilion dv6-6137tx ; i7 2 GHz; 8 gb RAM; 2 gb Graphics; 750 Gb HD; Win 10; Bitdefender Antivirus.

Page 1 of 1 (11 items) | RSS