Highlighting failure in Logos 4 Mac

Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
This post has 4 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 33
Alan Olender | Forum Activity | Posted: Wed, Jun 6 2012 9:53 AM

When a book is in a floated panel & I try to highlight a section, immediately upon clicking on the highlighting option I want to use (say Blue underline), having selected the text to highlight first, the floated window is sent behind the main Logos window & the highlight command fails.

If I dock the window I want to highlight, then the highliting works.

This prevents highlighting in a larger, floated window where more of the book's pages can be seen at one time.

Posts 33
Alan Olender | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jun 6 2012 10:21 AM

I discovered if I float the Highlight panel as well as the book window, the highlighting will work.

Posts 1729
LogosEmployee
Hunter Clagett | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jun 8 2012 9:24 AM

I can reproduce this behavior, though I am not certain it is truly a bug. 

The first click on the highlighting panel when docked to a separate window simply selects that other window, which is standard for Mac applications. 

I'll report it to our developers, as the windows behavior is different. They'll be looking into it.

Thanks,

- Hunter Clagett

Logos 4 Bug Report - Mac | PC

Proclaim - Mac/PC

Posts 33
Alan Olender | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jun 8 2012 11:01 AM

Thanks.  I was aware the 1st click merely selected the window, but was pleased that once the highlight window was selected clicking again on the preferred highlight works.

Posts 646
Ann Boyles | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Sep 18 2012 8:51 AM

Our developers looked into the matter of first requiring a click to bring focus to the docked Highlighting panel on Mac. It was determined we would not be implementing a fix at this time. Thank you.

Page 1 of 1 (5 items) | RSS