Need info about this collecrion

Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
This post has 3 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 401
Sam West | Forum Activity | Posted: Sat, Jun 9 2012 11:04 AM

Is this collection a truly pentecostal collection and is it a truly systematic theology set?

thanks sam west

Posts 5620
Todd Phillips | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jun 9 2012 11:42 AM

Sam West:
Is this collection a truly pentecostal collection and is it a truly systematic theology set?

It doesn't look like either one to me.  The description says it's an ecumenical series.  Only one book mentions Pentecostalism, and none of the books really fits the description of a systematic theology.

Wiki Links: Enabling Logging / Detailed Search Help - MacBook Pro (2014), ThinkPad E570

Posts 11433
DMB | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jun 9 2012 11:49 AM

If you're wondering: http://www.logos.com/product/7931/sacra-doctrina-christian-theology-for-a-postmodern-age-series

"God will save his fallen angels and their broken wings He'll mend."

Posts 159
ELA | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jun 9 2012 12:13 PM
Normal 0 21 false false false DA X-NONE HE MicrosoftInternetExplorer4

At least "In the days of Caesar" by Amos Yong is clearly Pentecostal. I'm reading the book at the moment.  In his prologue Yong states:

"I hope to achieve three goals in this book. First I want to correct stereotypes of Pentecostalism - both the political and the theological - which follow even those who like me have grown up in the movement...........second, I have a desire to provoke my fellowpentecostals to reflect theologically from out of the depth of their own Pentecostalism rather than to merely adopt one or other framework for theological or political self-understanding. Finally, I hope also to show that a distinctively Pentecostal form of theological reflection is not a parochial activity but has constructive potential to illuminate Christian belief and practice for the twenty-first century. In short, this is a book that I hope will be beneficial for the church ecumenical and to the broader theological academy as we think about the intersection of Christian faith and the political and public square in the present time."

I cannot speak for the other books (but at least some of them seem to be more ecumenical than Pentecostal).

However, you can buy Yong separately as this collection has been broken up. If you like it you can upgrade to the whole collection afterwards.

Page 1 of 1 (4 items) | RSS