Page 1 of 1 (7 items)
This post has 6 Replies | 2 Followers

Posts 47
ang | Forum Activity | Posted: Mon, Jun 11 2012 5:57 PM

hi sunday dramas again...powerpoint ran successfully last week with no hitches but this week I couldn't load a powerpoint at all...I could select it from the desktop but then just got the spinning disc as it was trying to load.. I tried several times even restarted the mac at one point but no change we ended up running the pp from the pc instead of using proclaim this sunday...pls help

another thing new this week i noticed proclaim kept scanning through the media list on the left hand side, you could see a shadow as it went through each item on the list which eventually settled down prior to service with minutes to go...

Posts 3502
LogosEmployee
Scott Alexander | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jun 12 2012 9:16 AM

ang:
powerpoint ran successfully last week with no hitches but this week I couldn't load a powerpoint at all..

I will follow up with you over email to hopefully get the PowerPoint file from you to reproduce the issue.

ang:
another thing new this week i noticed proclaim kept scanning through the media list on the left hand side, you could see a shadow as it went through each item on the list which eventually settled down prior to service with minutes to go...

I'm not sure what you mean here. Are you talking about the Order of Service? Were the slide regenerating?

Posts 47
ang | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jun 12 2012 4:21 PM

I'll sed the power point tonight...

yes order of service, proclaim kept scanning the list through songs and slideshow elements which eventually settled down but I've never noticed it do that before..

Posts 7
Brian Wirges | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Oct 11 2012 4:51 PM

I uploaded a power point presentation to Proclaim but none of the text is showing up. It recognized the text because it made signals for the verse references, but the slides are blank, only the back grounds. I have a retreat this weekend and really need to get this going!

The abilities of Proclaim for songs and pictures and announcements and the pre-loaded graphic slides are amazing, I love it! It's capabilities in terms of use for sermon outlines is really poor though. It either needs freedom to edit individual slide in program or needs to work out the kinks with Power Point (preferably Keynote) integration. Am I missing anything? All I'm wanting to do is make slides and add bullets one at a time. Please hurry!!!!

Posts 646
Ann Boyles | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Oct 11 2012 5:02 PM

Hi Brian,

Currently, the Powerpoint import feature for Mac only supports PPT presentations, not PPTX. Try resaving your PPTX presentation as a PPT in Powerpoint and see if that does the trick. If not, please let us know and we'll go from there.

Additionally, you say "all I'm wanting to do is make slides and add bullets one at a time." You can easily create slides, bullets, and other content in Proclaim as well.

Posts 7
Brian Wirges | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Oct 11 2012 5:08 PM

Let me preface this with telling you what my wife has already learned today! If things don't work like I imagine they will the I assume something is wrong, haha. But I'd like to be able to keep the whole outline one "item", but I lose customization ability with that. For instance, I don't want the sermon title on every slide. I'd like to be able to do something similar to animations in PPT. I'd like to not have to have the text on every slide justified the same way.

Is there a solution?

Posts 7
Brian Wirges | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Oct 11 2012 5:10 PM

And just a side not, y'all's (I'm SBC so I can use two apostrophes in y'all) backgrounds are way cooler than PPT. It would be cool to be able to integrate the two.

Page 1 of 1 (7 items) | RSS