Copying References from a Search

Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
This post has 2 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 113
Samuel | Forum Activity | Posted: Thu, Jun 14 2012 12:38 PM

Is there any straightforward way to copy the references that match a search? I frequently need to copy just the references matching a search to a Word document. Right now the only way I can get it to work is through exporting to Excel and then copying and pasting and reformatting which is an awkward process. There should be a way to select all matches to a search (or anything else producing a list of verses) and copy just the references.

Posts 3578
steve clark | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jun 14 2012 12:41 PM

You could export them from Search to a Passage List  (via Save as passage list from the Search drop down menu) and then export them from your passage list to Word.

EDIT: added images below

EDIT2: you can also speed this up by selecting all the refs in the passage list and copy them to your clipboard (Ctrl C) and paste (Ctrl V) them into Word. This saves you the trouble of printing from the passage list. And removes the extra text added by printing.

QLinks, Bibl2, LLR, Macros
Dell Insp 17-5748, i5, 1.7 GHz, 8G RAM, win 8.1

Posts 113
Samuel | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jun 15 2012 4:30 AM

Thanks, but I've already looked at that method. If I do that, now I have a passage list I have to go delete, so it seems like even more work to me. I'm so surprised the Logos doesn't give you any ability to easily select and copy references or verses from searches and other panels.

Page 1 of 1 (3 items) | RSS