Free Logos 4 resources! (from Logos!)

Page 1 of 1 (19 items)
This post has 18 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 1721
LogosEmployee
Bob Pritchett | Forum Activity | Posted: Fri, Jun 15 2012 11:00 AM

Logos is giving free access to the new Faithlife Study Bible through March 2014.

For Logos 4 users the FSB is a wealth of new content; in addition to the study Bible itself, it contains a huge number of new photos, infographics, and the incredible Lexham Bible Dictionary -- a brand new Bible dictionary with 2,700 articles from 250+ contributors.

Use the coupon code for free access! It is:

FSBFORUMS731

Enter the coupon code next to the "Get it Free!" button at http://faithlifebible.com

(If you need to log in, use your Logos.com account -- the same you use for Logos 4 itself.)

There are iOS and Android apps for the FSB, but all the content works in Logos 4, too. The FSB comes with the study Bible, a daily devotional, lots of rich media, and the Lexham Bible Dictionary. (Right now, the FSB is the only way to get the LBD.)

There's more background in my earlier posts: http://community.logos.com/forums/t/50545.aspx and http://community.logos.com/forums/t/50547.aspx

Let us know what you think!

-- Bob

Posts 119
Brooks Cochran | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jun 15 2012 12:45 PM

Many Thanks. I do have a question:

After a year will I lose any pictures and/or infographics that have been copy/pasted into PPT's or other documents?

Posts 1880
Philana Crouch | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jun 15 2012 12:49 PM

You shouldn't they are saved in this documents not linked. Of course you might decide after almost two years that $30 a year for updated content might be worth the subscription price.

Posts 1938
Robert M. Warren | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jun 15 2012 2:57 PM
Thanks!

Windows 10 (L9 Beta) | Android 9 (phone - L9 Beta) | Fire OS 7 (tablet - L9 Stable)

Posts 8327
DAL | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jun 15 2012 6:08 PM

Bob Pritchett:

...There are iOS and Android apps for the FSB, but all the content works in Logos 4, too. The FSB comes with the study Bible, a daily devotional, lots of rich media, and the Lexham Bible Dictionary. (Right now, the FSB is the only way to get the LBD.)

Question: How do I access the Bible in Logos 4? I got the FSB seemed to have downloaded, but I can't seem to find it in my Logos 4 installed in my laptop.  Any hints?

Thanks!

DAL

Posts 9519
Forum MVP
Mark Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jun 15 2012 7:17 PM

If you have it, typing faithlife in the Library find box should show it:

Pastor, North Park Baptist Church

Bridgeport, CT USA

Posts 8327
DAL | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jun 15 2012 8:29 PM

Mark Smith:

If you have it, typing faithlife in the Library find box should show it:

Nope, nothing on this end.  I received a receipt and all, but nothing has been downloaded yet.  I guess I'll keep waiting and if nothing happens over the weekend, then I'll call CS on Monday.  Thanks, though.

DAL

Posts 325
Robert Wazlavek | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jun 15 2012 9:57 PM

After getting an instant receipt and having it register on the Orders page online, it took my account like a full 24 hours before Logos on my computer decided to download and index it finally.

Posts 2964
tom | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jun 15 2012 10:47 PM

Robert Wazlavek:

After getting an instant receipt and having it register on the Orders page online, it took my account like a full 24 hours before Logos on my computer decided to download and index it finally.

I too had to wait until the resources started to show up in L4.

Posts 2759
DominicM | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jun 15 2012 11:51 PM

Bob Pritchett:
Logos is giving free access to the new Faithlife Study Bible through March 2014

wow thats a very generous window/time frame - thank you - even 2013 would have been generous

Never Deprive Anyone of Hope.. It Might Be ALL They Have

Posts 1145
Tom Reynolds | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jun 16 2012 1:08 AM

DominicM:

Bob Pritchett:

wow thats a very generous window/time frame - thank you - even 2013 would have been generous

Do you mean generous or (marketing) genius? He'll probably get another award for this if it pans out. :)

Posts 132
NK | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jun 16 2012 3:18 AM

Free loot!!!  Muchos gracious!!

Posts 208
Paul Gisbourne | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jun 16 2012 8:03 AM

Bob Pritchett:

What happens after march 2014? does this turn into something we have to pay to use??

Posts 1145
Tom Reynolds | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jun 16 2012 8:12 AM

Paul Gisbourne:

What happens after march 2014? does this turn into something we have to pay to use??

Yes, I believe the current retail price is $30/year. At the end of the day it will depend on a lot of things, including how many people are using it and how much they use it. Logos has two years to gain traction with it and their Faithlife system. I think that giving away the FSB is a great way to get new people into the system with a free full bodied resource.

Posts 8327
DAL | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jun 16 2012 8:14 AM

Robert Wazlavek:

It didn't take 24 hours but it finally downloaded this morning.  Great stuff! Thank you Logos for all the freebies!!!

Blessings!

DAL

Posts 2964
tom | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jun 16 2012 9:37 AM

Paul Gisbourne:
From my understanding - yes

Posts 2964
tom | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jun 16 2012 9:39 AM

Tom Reynolds:
if it pans out. :)
That is the big question.  Because this is not the first time Bob has posted this message just this month, it does have me wondering.  Only time will tell.

Posts 11433
DMB | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jun 16 2012 10:19 AM

I agree with 'we shall see'. But in theory (!) the combination of a dynamic study Bible, a Lexham dictionary plus the Evangelical Commentary I suspect will give the combination a supportable 'life'. I mention the ECC (though not a subscription) only because creating a large publishing platform with users will very likely attract more and more serious names. And more serious names attracts more customers (kind of a snowball).

I can see subscribing in that environment where the resource(s) grow with new scholarship, etc. Very similar to journals but much more organized, cross-linked, usable with the annual lectures, seminary entries and more. Imagine if you went to the Pastorium and the presentation papers are in your Logos or FaithLife.

It's a very interesting dream (I assume) and I hope it pans out. FB might be a risk but the resources are going to be pure gold.

"God will save his fallen angels and their broken wings He'll mend."

Posts 21
Steve Aeschbacher | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jun 22 2012 2:04 PM

This is awesome!  Thanks very much.  And while FSB may not be targeted at Logos users, it is a great addition to the library and a great way to enter into the study of a text! 

Two questions:

1) What is the background on the Lexham name?  Does it have any significance?

2) I used a coupon code that I got in the mail, not the one in this post.  I don't remember if mine was until March 13 or 14.  Is there a way to find out and/or to use this code instead? 

Thanks again!

Page 1 of 1 (19 items) | RSS