Page 1 of 1 (8 items)
This post has 7 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 1
Pastor Michael | Forum Activity | Posted: Wed, Jun 20 2012 9:25 AM

Because Proclaim handles text so poorly on content slides, I had taken to creating Custom Text fields--you know, so I could use drop shadows and outlines on particularly bright backgrounds. Like you can do in Powerpoint, Keynote, ProPresenter, or any other program that handles text. Except Proclaim.

The problem with the Custom Field workaround is that Proclaim DELETES CUSTOM TEXT FIELDS COMPLETELY if you change a slide background, and it loses any formatting of Main Content fields. This is a HUGE issue. Many of our announcements are the same from week to week, and I simply want a new background. I spent HOURS last week making everything look polished and professional, only to have to REDO ALL OF IT this week because of software that was really released too soon.

Not happy. Love the theory behind Proclaim. Not thrilled with the execution.

Posts 44
Pastor Todd | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jun 20 2012 4:41 PM

I'm in the same camp as well.  This completely frustrates me.  Something so simple should not be complex.  A lot of wasted time when you have to go back and re-edit all your slides.  I think we are heading back to powerpoint.  Who knows if this will ever get fixed?

Posts 3502
LogosEmployee
Scott Alexander | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jun 21 2012 7:58 AM

We have heard this pain point several times and have a meeting to discuss how to handle it next week. Thanks for your patience.

Posts 44
Pastor Todd | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jun 22 2012 5:51 AM

Thanks.  I'll keep waiting.  Your fix will save me hours of time.

Posts 3
Cody Camp | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Sep 16 2012 4:49 PM

Todays Date: September 16

I am currently having trouble with how changing the background resets all of my text to the default proclaim settings

Posts 34
Rebecca | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Sep 18 2012 8:07 PM

We got in the habit very early of choosing the background image first.  The background really is the base of a "theme" and comes linked with all kinds of formatting- if you're using one from Proclaim.  If you're uploading your own, it defaults to very default-looking formatting.  Either way, changing the background changes everything else, so planning ahead is key.

Posts 3
Cody Camp | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Sep 18 2012 9:28 PM

Yea... but now you have to make the formatting how you want it for every single background...

Posts 34
Rebecca | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Sep 19 2012 2:19 PM

Yep, 'fraid so.  If you're using the same background over and over, you can duplicate the first one; that way you don't have to do the font and layout every time.

For example, when I do a new week's songs, I insert one of the songs I used last week, which has last week's formatting preserved.  Then I duplicate it, clear the contents, insert the new song, and delete the old copy from the presentation.  It's not as elegant as being able to save your own themes, but it's not as cumbersome as setting it up new every time.

Page 1 of 1 (8 items) | RSS