BUG: Proclaim Crashes With Attempted Image Upload

Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
This post has 2 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 97
Jeff Loven | Forum Activity | Posted: Fri, Jun 22 2012 9:20 AM

Hi, 

I'm running the latest version of Proclaim, but am experiencing consistent crashing. Here's my sequence of events...

-Start Proclaim

-Open any presentation

-Add an image slideshow

-Click the "Add Images...a file on your computer" link

-Select the file from my computer and click "Open"

-Ensure "Upload and sync to my group" is selected in the Proclaim dialog box that appears

-Click "Add"

At this point Proclaim crashes every time. I've attached my Proclaim logs below.

Any help is appreciated, I use this program regularly and am quite "stuck" without it.

Thanks!

33657.Proclaim.log

5706.ProclaimCrash.txt

7774.ProclaimError.log

Posts 3502
LogosEmployee
Scott Alexander | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jun 22 2012 11:06 AM

Looks like we have a bug with how we handle UNC file paths w/ fully qualified host names. Some possible workarounds until we fix this bug - 

• copy the files you want to upload to your local machine and upload from there. This will make the path something like C:\Images\foo.jpg rather than \\thebridge.lan\Images\foo.jpg
  • don't use the fully qualified host name when entering the file path to upload , rather thebridge.lan use simply thebridge

Posts 97
Jeff Loven | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jun 22 2012 11:15 AM

Scott Alexander (Logos):

Looks like we have a bug with how we handle UNC file paths w/ fully qualified host names. Some possible workarounds until we fix this bug - 

• copy the files you want to upload to your local machine and upload from there. This will make the path something like C:\Images\foo.jpg rather than \\thebridge.lan\Images\foo.jpg

This work-around seems to be working for now. Thanks!

Page 1 of 1 (3 items) | RSS