what happened to the ftp site??

Page 1 of 1 (9 items)
This post has 8 Replies | 3 Followers

Posts 31
Samuel Robil | Forum Activity | Posted: Sat, Jun 23 2012 1:16 AM

ftp://ftp.logos.com/

no folders nor files are found there....

Posts 9947
George Somsel | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jun 23 2012 5:32 AM

Samuel Robil:

ftp://ftp.logos.com/

no folders nor files are found there....

Uh-oh.  Logos no longer supports L3 so it's possible they took it down though I hope not since there are still some who continue to use L3.  If it should prove that this is what has happened, I would recommend that anyone who continues to use L3 purchase an external HD and copy all of their resources to it thus creating their own ftp site.  L4 has improved to the point where I rarely use L3 now, but there are a few instances where I find it valuable.  L4 doesn't have the Weights and Measures function of L3 so it is necessary to keep L3 just for that.

george
gfsomsel

יְמֵי־שְׁנוֹתֵינוּ בָהֶם שִׁבְעִים שָׁנָה וְאִם בִּגְבוּרֹת שְׁמוֹנִים שָׁנָה וְרָהְבָּם עָמָל וָאָוֶן

Posts 2964
tom | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jun 23 2012 6:04 AM

George Somsel:
Uh-oh.  Logos no longer supports L3 so it's possible they took it down though I hope not since there are still some who continue to use L3.  If it should prove that this is what has happened, I would recommend that anyone who continues to use L3 purchase an external HD and copy all of their resources to it thus creating their own ftp site.  L4 has improved to the point where I rarely use L3 now, but there are a few instances where I find it valuable.  L4 doesn't have the Weights and Measures function of L3 so it is necessary to keep L3 just for that.
Yes

Posts 10877
Denise | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jun 23 2012 9:04 AM

This has happened before. I think it's the servers. It works for me fine this morning. All those GORGEOUS Libronix resources!!

"I didn't know God made honky tonk angels."

Posts 1058
Tom Reynolds | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jun 24 2012 6:32 AM

It's not working at this moment either directly or when I tried to use the update script http://www.logos.com/support/download/30bupdatewhich is why I'm here commenting on this post...

Posts 10877
Denise | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jun 27 2012 7:37 PM

Ignoring the spam above, the ftp site is up (just for the record).

The scripts died months back (when Libronix support ended) if I'm not mistaken.

Posts 1058
Tom Reynolds | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jun 27 2012 11:01 PM

The script can still be accessed here http://www.logos.com/support/download/30bupdate

and it works fine as long as the ftp site is up.

Posts 10877
Denise | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jun 28 2012 6:07 AM

Regarding the script, I've had no luck with the resource update scripts (which I assume is being discussed relative to the ftp site). It doesn't identify more recent resources relative to my PC.

Now, whenever I get a Libronix CD-ROM (even from Logos), I manually check the dates on the ftp site. There's been several significant ones.

Posts 1058
Tom Reynolds | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jun 28 2012 8:16 AM

DMB:

Regarding the script, I've had no luck with the resource update scripts (which I assume is being discussed relative to the ftp site). It doesn't identify more recent resources relative to my PC.

Now, whenever I get a Libronix CD-ROM (even from Logos), I manually check the dates on the ftp site. There's been several significant ones.

I've never checked the dates manually to see if I'm missing something newer but just yesterday I checked and it downloaded the LEB 4th ed which is dated May 18 so I think they're still maintaining that file which is nice. I don't expect to see any other files get new updates but you never know :)

Page 1 of 1 (9 items) | RSS